IFish.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One day left open-Last day for chinook on the lower Columbia

We’ve had a pretty good season so far on the lower Columbia. Six to ten fish a day the norm.

Now that they have stopped spilling water over the dam and we have some soft tides it should really pick up.

The lower Columbia closes for Chinook after September 4th and I still have that day left open. The way the tides are I’m sure we can get a limit of Chinook.

There’s a lot of silvers in the ocean and even though it closes for Chinook it should be red hot as those fish move in. The first week of September is usually the peak.

If you are interested give me a call ASAP-503-201-4292

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: One day left open for the last day for chinook on the lower Columbia

I just got of the phone with a budy that has landed 13 fish by Hammond this morning. They got their four chinook and are working on their limit of silvers.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts

How far up river is this closure good for?

MD

·
Registered
3,249 Posts

thought river closed on the tues...ie open monday.....is it open on tues as well?

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

It's closed after Monday below T. Point and closed after Tues from T. Point to above the Lewis.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts

Is the lewis , the deadline?

Thanks for the info, i appreciate it:cheers:

MD

·
Registered
757 Posts

Pretty sure Warrior Rock is the closure deadline. Just up from the mouth of the NFL.

·
Registered
636 Posts

Is it going to reopen?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
The one day I got to fish b10 this year. DJ was the only boat I seen catch more than one fish. Well besides ours.

·
Registered
16,793 Posts

Pretty sure Warrior Rock is the closure deadline. Just up from the mouth of the NFL.
The deadline is a line drawn from Oregon's Warrior Rock lighthouse over to the downstream tip of WA's Bachelor Island.

·
Registered
106 Posts
David,

not asking you to give away trade secrets, but why do softer tides and reduced flow produce a better bite? Wobbler effect, fish movement?

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
David,

not asking you to give away trade secrets, but why do softer tides and reduced flow produce a better bite? Wobbler effect, fish movement?
Reduced flow slows the kings down, therefore more fish tend to stack in the area. Softer tides make for better presentations...

Keith

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I didn't fish this weekend but most of my friends limited both days. I was back on the water today and we had a limit of 8 by 12:30.

I'm still open tomorrow.......

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It is open above Warrior Rock but it's only open one more day from Warrior Rock down river.

The best fishing is below the deadline.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts