IFish.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since reading that tip from someone recently, I have been intrigued to try it. So yesterday I took my first 100mg. Will take it every day for a while and report back if the mosquitos don't find me as tasty as they usually do.

Anybody else giving this a try (or have tried it in the past)?

BTW this was a great tip to show my wife ifish has valuable stuff too (in addition to the valueless fishing blather :wink: )

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Mosquitos usually don't like me and I take B vitamins. Since I have not stopped with the B's can't say that they help, but they sure don't hurt. The wife does not take B's and she is a mosquito magnet. When we are camping all I have to do is be by her and the mosquitos leave me alone.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I have noticed it helps on the skeeters also. My only problem is, how do I prevent Mrs. baitslinger from being repelled by me along with the mosquitoes? Any tips guys, should I add another vitamin or maybe its time for a dozen roses, that usually works pretty good!!!!

·
Registered
869 Posts
I've been a magnet for misquitos my entire life...until last summer. I was getting eaten alive and my uncle asked if I took any B vitamins...NO...try it he says. I take a B12 every morning and have only gotten bit twice in a dozen or more exposure periods. I think it really helps....

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
I normally take a big horse pill multi-vitamin...not so lately and I've had more bites this year than all last...????? I will definitely tell the Hunny about this before Wallowa Lake this 4th. Big Kokanee and big fireworks.

Thanks for the tip,

Mark :cheers:

·
Registered
10,493 Posts
I take a fistful of vitamins every day, have for years. Nonetheless, mosquitoes and fleas find me to be Andrew Filet Mignon. Some of us just taste good, I guess.

·
Registered
16,793 Posts
With the concern over West Nile Virus, there's a lot of interest in products made from the Neem tree (India and SE Asia).

As I understand it, after several weeks of taking the capsules you become very unappetizing to mosquitos, AND it has none of the smelly effects (at least to human noses) of certain vitamins, garlic, etc.

Just bought a bottle for $8 at New Seasons and starting on it today.

·
Registered
13,617 Posts
Skeeters don't like me. Maybe it is work related....

Mark the fumigator and the dog.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I take 4 Brewer's yeast tablets a day,two in the morning and two at night and they leave me alone
even on our trip to Alaska a couple yrs ago.There was a bazillion skeeters around us as soon as you stepped on the bank and got near any bushes or all around the Bed and Breakfast we stayed at.I only got bitten something like 4-5 times my in-laws and wife pretty much got ate up.Even wearing the strongest bug spray or lotion they could find.
Yes I laughed :laugh: at them they shouldn't had made fun of me takeing the Brewers yeast tablets :hoboy: .
Bob :dance:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Bugs of any kind dont bother me....they think i am a
.... Frog!!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alright, I have been using B1 100mg/day for 6 days now and I have only 1 skeeter bite. They usually love me to death. My son must have about 10 or so and we usually run neck and neck. So, it must be working. :cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts