IFish Fishing Forum banner

OMG! possible Saturday bottomfish window!!

8565 Views 75 Replies 34 Participants Last post by  Puffin
Very early Windy forecast looks nice!
Please hold up!
Wait. Got to check the tides too.
1 - 6 of 76 Posts
For those of you with lots of experience with Garibaldi, how’s that bar crossing on that large out going?
I was planning on crossing back at 11 anyways to avoid it.
Thanks!
I'll be running out of GB as long as it holds.

Unless I missed something, tide is ebbing from 5:30 to 11:30, which is perfect for a quick trip down to the rocks. On that tide, however, I would definitely plan to be back across by 11:30.
It's incoming from 4:28 am to 10:35 am at Garibaldi. Which tide station do you use for there? Should I be using Barview instead?
Are you heading to Three Arches?
You want the tide at Barview Station.
Thanks I guess I better be in by 11 am for sure!
Was a great day today(Saturday) with my son and buddies.
4 limits of lingcod. Threw back 4 keeper sized ones while looking to limit on rockfish. Which we didn’t do.
Unfortunately our two crab traps were robbed. Only one female inside for a 5 hour soak. In a spot that always produces.
  • Haha
Reactions: 1
Garibaldi bar - we did cross the bar around 9:30 about 30 mph and after dropping pots half way to Twin Rocks, headed south at 35+. Limited on lings & things and went back to pick up pots at nearly 40. Flatest ocean in years. We crossed the bar inbound about 3:00 and it was gnarly, current was ripping. My old 20' boat would have made me pucker and no place for anyone without a fair amount of crossing experience. The only other boat I saw heading in was a big charter. Most of the fleet came in earlier before the ebb started running very hard. It was a great day to be out after the long winter's horrible seas.
We crossed around 12:30-1 and it was starting to get lumpy.
1 - 6 of 76 Posts