IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, out of all of you veteran anglers i have some thing i need to know. i will riddle you this... which is better? Okuma which i own an okuma celio, or the overly expensive but awsome lammiglass. i like both but i need feedback can you help me out? :smile:

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Good luck finding a rogue if your not in the I-5 corridor.

Lamiglas and Okuma are very different rods in my opinion. The price of a Lami represents not only its quality, but an unbeatable warranty. I dont own an Okuma, so I wont critisize, but then again, I dont know anyone who does either. I will say this, I got two sheakespear synergy IM6 6ft6 Medium action spinning rods the other day at bimart for $23 each, and after fighting a few fish with one, Id have paid twice that much. Shop around.

[ 07-06-2003, 01:18 AM: Message edited by: cirrhosis-of-the-river ]

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Kinda depends on what you are using it for :smile:
I mean a very inexpensive rod will do fine for any application up to trout. Even 1st generation graphite rods are under $20 for trout size and these were 'cutting edge' 20 years ago or so.

Personally I like rods that are much cheaper than Lamiglass and similar 'high end' rods. As one other ifisher told me, the reel is much more important than the rod, and that is true.

I take good care of my rods and dont abuse them so imo a rod thats 3-4 times as much isnt worth it. I can see though, that if you are in a fishing profession with lots of use (ie guides, charters, etc) a good warranty would be much more valuable.

·
Registered
676 Posts
get the lami and okuma and use the okuma for a loaner or when your hiking into those hard to get to places,,,have both and love the lami the okuma,,,,,,,,,well its ahhhhh well inexpensive :shrug:

·
Registered
391 Posts
i have an okuma connesour(im sure i butchered that
) i was forced to pay 40 bucks for it..its not a bad rod in any sence

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Go Lamiglas!!!

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Lamiglass ...WooHoo.
High five to the Okuma as well. I purchased the 11' Celieo for my girlfriend as a inexpensive rod to break her in on gators, summers, and URB's from the bank. It has a great tip and good backbone for the hook set :cheers: I plan on purchaseing another soon. 44.95 and It has performed like a gem with many, many keepers so far.
But...still wouldn't trade any of my lami's in!! :dance:

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
We use Okuma as "disposable" gear, like fishing in Mexico. The traveling is hard on the gear and I can get replacement parts for the reels down there. The reels need a little refinement but they do a good job and the rods are cheap enough that nobody gets upset if one blows up on a big fish. I save my Lamiglas rods for trips that don't require baggage handlers.

jmo,
D.

[ 07-06-2003, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: drhall99 ]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts