IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I don't use a spinning reel or spinning rod, but my daughter Fisherlady76 does, so when she left Mr Gomer Pile, and he would not give her, her fishen gear I (DAD) gave her, she said she wanted to go fishing but cant get what she hade.
To night or today, I ran into the rep for Bi-mart and we came to a compromise, I buy a Shakespeare reel and I have the pick of what he hade left in his van, I said YOU BET!!!
Picked up a 8'6" Intreped 12/20, BUT the reel they hade I did'nt want(junk) so I went in and found a Okuma AV-40, they put 15 pound Maxima ultgreen. THE TOTAL PRICE 45.00 NOW I THINK I GOT A DEAL. WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK????
It should work for Steelheads and Springers for the girl of my life, HAPPY BIRTHDAY FISHERLADY76. DAD.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
That is a deal. The rod usually sale prices for ~$28-30, as does the reel. So with a $3-5 dollar spooling of maxima, that's $59-65 and you got it for $45. Nice reel too; I have two AV-30 for trout/Steelies and one AV-40 for fish over 15lbs. Lots of ball bearings, aluminum tubular handle, good drag. The AV-40 caught the Platinum Torpedo Pic spooled with 30lb XP.

[ 07-18-2003, 11:39 PM: Message edited by: Dr Strangelove ]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts