IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just checked out the Okuma levelwind reels at GI Joes. I like the reels but would like to hear what other people think that have purchased them.

I am waiting for a left hand retrieve before I purchase one.

I've been happy with every Okuma product I've purchased and hope for the same from this reel.

Please comment if you own or have fished one.

Thanks,

Chris :smile:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Hi Chris,I have one of their Okuma reels its the Classic Pro in Left hand.Its the model number 302LX.I use it for sturgeon and it works fine.Not quite as smooth as my Penn 321 GTI but at a considerable savings.Try this web site for one,I just bought another for 36.00 including shipping. http://www.boatfix.com

[ 07-19-2003, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: JCJ ]

·
Registered
236 Posts
A coupon in the Washington H&F News had them at the Sedro Wolley tackle shop for $21.45...I got 2 a 200 and a 300 classic, I like them

·
Registered
143 Posts
I just finished working on one of their Titus Levelwind models for a guy in Santa Cruz. I found it to be a pretty decent reel, better than most of the Chinese reels from other manufacturers. They are quite good about parts availability, which helps out those of us who work on them. I would definitely say the later the model the better, so don't buy any old leftover stock from Ebay etc. because there is a BIG difference between the product they are putting out today versus two or so years ago.

Al

·
Administrator
119,608 Posts
I am SO impressed with how liquid smooth they are.
I don't know how they get that feel to them, nor how come I can't find it in any other reel manufacturer.

I really don't care, though! Their prices meet my needs, financially, and they just look so darn nice! :smile:

Jen

[ 07-21-2003, 08:58 AM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the one I looked at at GI Joe's was a Nitryx Model. It looked similar to a Corsair but the star drag seemed quite a bit nicer.
It was $69.99 at Medford GI Joe's.

Does anyone know if and when a left hand retrieve model will be available?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Originally posted by RogueFisher:
I think the one I looked at at GI Joe's was a Nitryx Model. It looked similar to a Corsair but the star drag seemed quite a bit nicer.
It was $69.99 at Medford GI Joe's.

Does anyone know if and when a left hand retrieve model will be available?
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I just bought two Okuma spinning reels. I bought a avenger size 40 which I was a little hesitant to buy, but the guy convinced me to give it a shot. I took it home and decided I like it so much, I went back the next day and bought another one, size 15 for ultralight trout pole.

Neither one has caught a fish yet, but the drag feels good. Seven ball bearings for under $40. Sorry, no experience with the level winds but if they are as good a value as there spinning reels you can't go wrong.

BTW, Gi Joes told me they would warranty the reel for as long as they carry the product, and they filled one of the spools for free. Can't beat that kind of customer service. :grin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts