IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been lurking awhile and a member for a month or so. I hadn't thought any of my fishing experiences really warranted the "newbie" until last night. I thought I would see if I could hook into a salmon off of the souh Jetty of nehalem bay. I am standing there pole in hand on the rocks and swing back to get a nice long cast. Well I wasn't paying any attention to where my back cast was headed, but I soon realized the error of my ways when I got about halfway around on the cast. What should come zinging past my head but my lure box. I keep my gear seperated by bait equipment and lures each in their own box(a bit anal I know). With my back cast I had hooked the handle of my lure box and proceeded to fling it about 30' into the bay. Luckily I had closed it when I was done so it was still floating, kind of. so I spent the next half hour running down the jetty trying to get my lure to snag the box. Eventually I was able to get it close enough to the jetty that I was able to pick it out of the water, No gear lost thankfully. Next time I will pay more attention to my back cast and where I set my tacklebox.

-By the Way Didn't catch a thing-I need a boat-

FOD

·
Registered
515 Posts
yep , been there done that. :cheers:

[ 08-07-2003, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: chillybones ]

·
Registered
462 Posts
Welcome aboard......good story.

I saw something very similiar happen to a friend of mine while Shad fishing at Bonneville this year. He went to cast, and out of the corner of my eye I see something go flying into the water....it was his ultra lite trout rod. Watched it bob down the river, while we frantically tried to snag it over and over again...Never did get that back. I was laughin all day! :laugh: I'm sure the tides will turn though and he'll be laughing at me next time......funny how that works!

[ 08-07-2003, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: Moley Molson ]

·
Registered
756 Posts
Next time open the box - you'd have probably had a lot of action around it had it been open. :wink: :grin: Welcome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts