IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my buddy Dave laughs at me when we go steelhead fishing on the bank I bring four rods (Bobber rod,Drift rod ,Spinner/spoon rod , and back up) I mean to me its just easer to switch rods than to retie when I want to change it up. Heck I really could have one rod for spinner and one for spoon but four is enough. So how many is two many the back up rod stays in the truck normally unless we are hiking in I dont mind carrying the rods he just always laughs and ask if I am opening a tackle shop on the bank lol馃ぃ

Registered
For my wife and I, I think I am up to about 40 rods. Whenever I buy I rod, I have to buy another matching one for her. LOL

Reactions: FishwT

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For my wife and I, I think I am up to about 40 rods. Whenever I buy I rod, I have to buy another matching one for her. LOL
ohh thats just what I bring fishing for the day I lost count of rods in the house Better to not know that why when the wife ask I can have plausible deniability

Registered
Ryan, make that back up rod your spoon rod. That way you can REALLY justify taking 4. :)

When we go out on the pangas fly fishing in Baja, I take 4 rods. One 12wt for fishing deep and tuna, 1 11wt sporting a Sardina fly for big fish, 1 10wt with the same Sardina fly for all around use, and 1 10wt with wire if it's early season or a popper if it's later. Being able to switch back and forth at a moment's notice can make the difference between having a chance at something special and missing it.

Registered
I keep extra rods on the boat because ya never know when one will decide it doesn't want to play. Being a bank maggot when it comes to Steelhead, one rod. When I thought I might try bobber fishing tried two but dumped that idea like a hot potato. I like to fish and walk and not go back to pick up what I set on the bank every time I move 20 feet.

Registered
I normally carry 3 but sometimes carry 4 rods. Bobber, drift, hardware and sometimes a bead rod. I got hassled by some old timers last time I was out. "Got enough gear there?" me: "Nope. I lost my wading net today in the woods somewhere." them: blank stare expecting a laugh.

I've found a pretty handy way to carry them on my pack as long as they're broke down and together with rod ties.

Registered
I carry 3, bobber/jig, bobber doggin鈥 and a drift fishing rod. Thinking about buying and bringing a 4th dedicated spinner/spoon rod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
When out fishing for spiny rays, I take 9 pre-rigged rods as that is how many rod holders are on my cooler box.

Automotive design Tire Cooler Gas Bathroom

Registered
If walking the river one maybe two if close to the truck. I find taking more than one rod while fishing a stream is most likely meaning I will break one. In the boat I carry a few. Big locker.

Registered
My favorite color is CHROME!!!
I am another that carries three rods most of the time. Drift rod, float rod, and spinner/spoon rod. Double that if my son goes with me.

I tried taking only one spinner/spoon rod for the both of us, but one of us would want to use it when the other one was.

Every once in a while, if fishing a river that allows using two rods, I鈥檒l take a fourth rod as a dedicated plunking rod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well my pack holds the rods for longer hikes so i am not always having to carry them in my hands. Still working on training the dog to carry a pack I can strap some rods to him haha

Registered
I鈥檇 take four as well. One for a bobber/jig, bobber doggin, drift fishing, and hardware. It can be a bit of a pain sometimes but you can cover pretty much any kind of water with those options

1 - 20 of 38 Posts