IFish.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like some help ,I have found a ton of Bear sign in my hunting area ,how can I close the deal :shrug::shrug::shrug:,should I put up a tree stand ?? ,or what should I do ,I `am very new to Bear hunting ,Oh yeah I will be arrowing it ,I thank all of your input :twocents:

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Tree stand and call them in or sit over trails or berry patches.
I have been calling but no takers so far.

Twodogs

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Treestand and call him in. I've had some of my best success with a squeaker call at first light located in or near a berry patch. If there is deep timber nearby, that's where you want to set up.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
The last few days in the area i have been hunting elk on the coast range, the bears have been thick. As we are hiking, we would here logs and stumps being torn apart just inside the timber off of the skid roads, poke our heads in...... Sure enough bear! There were 3 different bears in little patches of timber within 300-400 yards of each other. So i would say it depends on your location. If you have berries in the area that are plentifull, by all means i'd say that would be a good start..... As for what weve seen the last few days, Listen for them tearing things apart, and stick your head in the timber and shoot em.. Me or my buddy dont have bear tags and dont really have an interest in killing a bear or we would have certainly arrowed them.
Good luck in your quest!

·
Banned
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey thanks ,we have a plethera of Berries ,all over here ,Ijust wonder does the poop size the bear or does he have berryintolerance :jester::jester::jester:

·
Registered
23,879 Posts
big bears leave big piles. i'll be bear hunting tomorrow, first stop will be a wallow then i'll go check another wallow. on this side of the hill water is the key when it is hot. the bears will hit the water every day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts