IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
9,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I have to give a short & quick plug to my Rams! I will absolutely remain cautious though as things in the NFL can change swiftly

**Will add what everyone already knows, the NFC West is gonna be brutal this year!!
All teams won week 1

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I've followed Dallas since Nixon was president.

They have not been to a sb in 25 years.

Their signature move is losing close games.

They are famous for a lack of discipline (See RT not making a drug test, being suspended for 5 games- last week!-....there will be no price to pay. Because Jerry Jones is the devil who lives on the crushed spirits of fans).

Jerry fired a coach that won 2 super bowls back to back....Because he wanted to influence how the team was ran.

Only (Maybe) the Lions and Jets can claim the same level of failure as Dallas when comparing owners for 25 years.
Jimh, Flatty does have a point. JJ and JJ with a little Switzer took them to great heights in early to mid 90’s but they haven’t done chit since. 14 playoff appearances in 30 years is not great. How many playoff WINS have they had since those great teams back then? They are the Raiders of the AFC and have sucked for decades with the exception of one really good year…20 years ago. Cowboys and Raiders are garbage. Suck it Trebeck!
You want to talk about a dynasty in the making, look at the Chiefs. Best QB, Coach, TE, and WR in the game. That team is beautiful to watch :)

·
Registered
9,230 Posts
The fact is that Jones was in charge when they won. He’s in charge of them now. It’s like saying the Patriots won’t ever win as long as the Patriots are owned by Craft when the reality is they lost a lot of players at once. There is a lot of parity in the NFL. You also have to be lucky and have everything go right for your team. Btw, not a Cowboy fan.

Chiefs may or may not be a dynasty. Who knows how long will it be before their coach retires. He’s not exactly young. Same thing for the Seahawks although they are looking good right now.

·
Registered
13,993 Posts
The fact is, the first few years after Jerry bought the Cowboys, he was very busy doing business deals to pay for everything. Jimmy Johnson was allowed to run the place as he saw fit. They went from worst team in the league to won 2 super bowls.

After getting funding figured out, Jerry wanted to influence the decisions. Jimmy quit....After winning 2 super bowls, Jerry literally let the man in charge walk out the door.

The same team ultimately won in 1995 under a different coach (Switzer). But it was more in spite of the new coach than because of him.

Since then, no sb appearances.

Until Jerry goes away, Dallas will never be in another sb.

·
Registered
9,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
The fact is, the first few years after Jerry bought the Cowboys, he was very busy doing business deals to pay for everything. Jimmy Johnson was allowed to run the place as he saw fit. They went from worst team in the league to won 2 super bowls.

After getting funding figured out, Jerry wanted to influence the decisions. Jimmy quit....After winning 2 super bowls, Jerry literally let the man in charge walk out the door.

The same team ultimately won in 1995 under a different coach (Switzer). But it was more in spite of the new coach than because of him.

Since then, no sb appearances.

Until Jerry goes away, Dallas will never be in another sb.
Agree Jerry micro-manages people far smarter than he is but his desire to win is pretty clear.
Pretty hard to blanket statement any team or owner really. Even as annoying as Jerry can be.

·
Registered
13,993 Posts
Desire to win is overshadowed by egomania.

Insanity is doing the same thing hoping for a new result. Jerry's ego will not let him walk away. He wants to take credit for it.

·
Registered
9,230 Posts
Desire to win is overshadowed by egomania.
Egomania is a characteristic of almost all successful CEOs. The difference in success has more to do with their ability than their ego.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Cowboys have never disappointed me. I keep betting on their loss and digits keep on staggering. Football is fun

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
Cowboys have never disappointed me. I keep betting on their loss and digits keep on staggering. Football is fun

Will be even more fun if the Chargers beat Dallas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: piscean

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
As long as Herbert, Ekeler and Williams do their part. That being said I'm iffy on putting money on Dallas loss...but will...a lil.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I was once a big fan of the Cowboys. Loved the coaching and the general manager (Tex). After Jones bought the team in 89 and fired just about everybody I lost any interest in the Chow boys.

·
Registered
9,230 Posts
I was once a big fan of the Cowboys. Loved the coaching and the general manager (Tex). After Jones bought the team in 89 and fired just about everybody I lost any interest in the Chow boys.
That would stink. You missed all of their last Super Bowl wins.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
they were in as many before JJ as they were after JJ. I liked them before the stink.

·
Registered
9,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Lots of close ones today!

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
There was some very good games today. Not all to my liking but still good games.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I’ve learned over the years to not get to excited about the raiders. Last year they were 6-2 and finished 8-8. The season prior they were 6-3 and finished 7-9 I believe. Nevertheless 2 great wins to start the season. Ecspecially vs Pitt. A good team on the road, early start after the Monday night game. (Thanks nfl for having the raiders play Monday night then travel for an early 10 am away game.)

I’d bet if I had the time and went through schedules of other teams that doesn’t happen more than once or twice a season.

·
Registered
9,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Tonight Aaron Rodgers will likely have a “I told you not to worry” performance. 4 TD’s etc.. I will root against him though, quit liking him after his off-season attitude. Detroit is soft on D and Mr Man-bun will shred them.

41 - 60 of 77 Posts