IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
IFISH PHOTO CONTEST - THEME #2 - REFLECTIONS!!!

The the theme for the first Ifish photo contest is reflections... as in something reflected in something else. Sunrise over water? A pretty face in a cup of java? Shiny car? Bathroom mirror? Endless possibilities... the rest is up to you.

To be considered for this contest your picture or pictures (2 maximum) relating to 'reflections' must be posted on this thread no later than midnight on August 31st, 2007.

Before entering, please read the contest rules posted here: CONTEST RULES

Remember, even if you are not going to enter the contest you can still participate by being a judge or donating a prize!

With regard to this thread, feel free to ask questions of the photographer or discuss the photographs posted, but lets keep it positive.

The prize for the winning 'reflections' photograph is a $20 gift card to JOES.

HAVE FUN!!!

- Brad

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Re: OFFICIAL Ifish Photo Contest #2 - REFLECTIONS!!!

Well I guess I'll get this contest started even though I don't get to compete. Here's a picture I took back in June in the Charleston boat basin.

This was shot with a Nikon D2X and an 18-200 VR lens set on a tripod. Shutter speed 1/20sec. Aperture f/8. ISO 100. I used an SU-800 to trigger an SB-800 flash that I held in my hand to highlight the name of the boat. Then I flipped it vertically in PhotoShop and brought up the contrast just a bit with curves.

I'd also like to mention something that we let slide in the first contest and that Uglygreen pointed out. You should read the rules very closely when you submit your pictures for the contest. All photos need to be loaded into the iFish image gallery in order to be eligible for prizes. You can see if you click on my photo and look at the properties that I loaded mine from Photobucket. If I were competing this would make the photo ineligible for the contest. Also, make sure you only submit two pictures. We'll try to police that in this contest and issue reminders to people who forget.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts

Alright I'll play. This shot was taken in an undisclosed mountain range in Alaska while on a sheep hunt in 2005. Took it using a Fuji Finepix S5000.

·
Registered
961 Posts

Just for fun I will throw one in..
  • Camera model: NIKON D40
  • Focal length: 105.0mm (35mm equivalent: 157mm)
  • Exposure time: 0.0025 s (1/400)
  • Aperture: f/5.0
  • ISO equiv.: 200
  • Exposure bias: -0.67
  • Whitebalance: Manual
  • Metering Mode: matrix
  • Exposure: aperture priority

Good luck everyone...

·
Registered
3,081 Posts

Just for fun I will throw one in..
  • Camera model: NIKON D40
  • Focal length: 105.0mm (35mm equivalent: 157mm)
  • Exposure time: 0.0025 s (1/400)
  • Aperture: f/5.0
  • ISO equiv.: 200
  • Exposure bias: -0.67
  • Whitebalance: Manual
  • Metering Mode: matrix
  • Exposure: aperture priority

Good luck everyone...
That's a nice picture, but you need to load it in the iFish photo gallery if you'd like to be considered for the contest. :smirk:

·
Registered
3,115 Posts

Here's another

·
Registered
8,467 Posts

Ni! Not very nice of you to start this contest with the Havana photo. What an incedible shot! Thanks for sharing, but geeez, talk about setting the bar.....
:bricks:

·
Registered
8,467 Posts

Ok, even after Ni! posted one of the nicest "reflections" photos I have ever seen, I'll submit one for the sport of it.

This was taken last summer at Tumbo Island in the Canadian Golf Islands. Camera is a Canon EOS 10D, with a 2.8 17-35Mm lens. Shot at 1/180 and F5.6.

We were "on the hook" on our boat, Reel Obsession, when this sunset reveiled itself. This is just off the Straits of Georgia, with plenty of commercial and pleasure boat traffic, so it's always nice when it lays down this nice in the evening.

·
Qualified Sturgeon Hugger
38,157 Posts

Here are my two entries:

Columbia river at Cathlamet after dark.

Nikon Coolpix 2500
Night Landscape mode on a tripod
No editing

Columbia River at Boardman at sunset.

Nikon Coolpix L12
Dusk/Dawn mode
Enhanced color feature turned on
No editing

·
Registered
3,081 Posts

Ni! Not very nice of you to start this contest with the Havana photo. What an incedible shot! Thanks for sahring, but geeez, talk about setting the bar.....
:bricks:
Golly. :redface: That's awfully nice of you, but I'm not eligible to win, so no worries. :cheers:

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Wow Ruth, I love the colors in that second one at Boardman. Fantastic!

- Brad

·
Administrator
41,346 Posts

The Wall
Camera: D50
ISO 200
Aperture priority
WB: Daylight
Lens: 18-200 VR @ 120mm
f/5.6
1/500 sec
-0.67 bias

This Marine was sobbing as he stood at the Wall ... this memorial is like an open gash on the American soul. I wasn't willing to point my camera directly at him, but then I noticed his reflection and that was the emotional image I wanted.

·
Registered
13,576 Posts

Wow Give it to Pete right now that is hard touching and just makes you think very cool! Thank you for sharing that rp

·
Registered
2,368 Posts

Yea that is a good Pic Pete nice job :applause:

·
Registered
5,601 Posts

I took this picture last Spring. It was a super calm morning on Yaquina Bay.:D

Camera: Canon S-50
Exposure: Full Auto
Zoom: 2X

·
Registered
5,601 Posts

Here is one I took last March of Ten Mile Creek. This is a cool little stream, meandering it's way through the Dunes on to the Pacific. It sports a good run of Fall Coho, and Winter Steelies.:)

Camera: Canon S-50
Exposure: Full Auto

·
Registered
3,249 Posts

portland at night taken from the east bank

taken with an slr nikkon 35 mm

·
Registered
1,642 Posts

Gold Lake June 2001

1 - 20 of 123 Posts