IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
September is coming quick ladies and gentlemen, who’s excited?! What’s everyone’s plans this year. Noticed the planting season was a bit late this year, and I’m not sure how many fields will be ready to hold birds in my area.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I haven't seen as many around of late, however that doesn't surprise me considering I went to the last ODHA dinner a couple weeks ago and talked to a member of a private club on Sauvie that told me "they killed 197 geese on the September opener last year".

Reactions: BowTaco

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Some East coast states have an early season for the excess local birds. Maybe we need that. We have thousands of resident birds in the SF Bay Area.
Yes. That's why they have it here. Better than Euthanizing hundreds of them, like they do in Seattle WA

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Geese are very hard in the Willamette valley it seems. I’ve tried to get permission, most the time they already are allowing people to hunt there spot and don’t want more. A few people tell me they don’t condone killing animals. I finally got a spot last year on private to hunt from a coworker and on the right day it gives you the days you dream off.
Plant Sky Water Bird Cloud

Sky Plant Water Bird Vertebrate

·
Registered
17,526 Posts
I haven't seen as many around of late, however that doesn't surprise me considering I went to the last ODHA dinner a couple weeks ago and talked to a member of a private club on Sauvie that told me "they killed 197 geese on the September opener last year".
With September's 5 goose limit, that's 39 members limiting....must be a pretty big club

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I have seen few myself, though driving home last night there were about 30 on the river under the bridge going into downtown Albany.
Most of the bird flu cases I heard of in Eastern Washington and the Willamette Valley were of resident geese dying. Probably a few less available this year I would guess.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts