IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK... I've yet to hear from a valid entry for the
rod given for the longest springer of 2003!

The Lamiglas given away will be a X90HC-T Certified Pro 9' 2 piece rated for up to 30 pound line. Great Kwikfish rod!

Here is a recap of the rules:

1) You must be wearing an Ifish hat in your fish picture that will be sent in to www.ifish.net. (You should probably order a hat before it starts!!) Hats are available online at www.ifish.net, if you click right here! If you can't afford to buy a hat, fish with an ifisher who has one, or borrow one from an ifisher on the water!

2) Jack Salmon do not count. It must be a fin clipped, adult fish over 24 inches!

3) You must take a picture, and send it to www.ifish.net for posting. You may post it using the picture upload feature in the middle top of ifish's Bulletin Board pages. You may also take a picture, and have someone else scan it and e mail it in.

4) This contest is for ifish members. You must be an active ifish member. You must have registered on the www.ifish.net board before February 1st, 2003, and have at least 10 posts to enter the contest.

5) The fish must be tagged on your harvest card, and you must provide a copy of your license when you pick up your prize.

6) Fish must be verified by the check in point for date and time, or length and girth.
Please have merchant punch hole in right gill plate.

7) Longest spring Chinook will be awarded June 30th. (Measured from nose to tail, tip to tip, and then girth, in case we have a tie for longest length). The longest Spring chinook must be entered, and posted on the ifish board by 11:59 PM June 29th.

8) First spring Chinook caught will be awarded March 10th.

(This should give people enough time to submit it to www.ifish.net.)

9) You must have the check point business person write you a certificate.
This must include the checker's name, company and phone number.
Your name, size and length of fish, and most importantly, the time and date caught.
This can be on any paper, as long as it is verified when I call them!
======

Anyway, the contest is open to posting until 11:59 PM June 29th, at which time you MUST post your entry on this thread!

Jen

[ 06-18-2003, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yeah... If no one wins this, it will be given away in contest form at the ifishstock party. :smile:

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
You have 2 valid entrys that Marie (Tillamook bait) has posted. One was a 21 lb fish I caught - we followed all the rules (hat, hole in gillplate, and everything else) and posted the pic about 2 months ago. One was one someone else caught that Marie posted about 3 weeks later. The second fish was bigger (about 30 lbs).

UG

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You'll have to post them here. I'm not sure that Marie's guy's fish ever posted on ifish... That's one of the rules, so UG, if you can find that fish and post it here, it would be great! :smile:

Jen

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did it for you! Here is Marie's post for UG:

Heres the first official entry for the longest Springer! 38 inches, 20 pounder, notice UGLYGREENS wearing an official ifish hat! :grin: I punched a hole in the right gill plate too. :wink:

He caught it on shrimp and eggs on the Wilson River just up from Tillamook Bait!

Congratulations Brad! :cheers: And thank you for coming by for a snap shot!

Thanks a Ton!
Marie

photo taken by Marie
wwwTillamookbait.com

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is another entry by Marie, but there is missing info. What is his moniker? Where has he posted? Remember, this is an ifisher's contest, and you must post... Read rules!

-------

W~A~Y T~O G~O !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Guys for stopping by for a picture!

36 lb 44 inch length Trask River Springer!

Wow! I could hardly believe my eyes!

It'll make a believer out of you too!

Congratulations to my newest Springer Contest Entry.

Eric (pictured) and Jim were fishing at Loren Drift with 12 pound line! Using a #5 Blue Fox. They make it look simple! Caught at 2:30pm Sunday!

Marie

Official Entry Location for the Coast!

Come On Down! The Bite is ON!

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another Marie at Tillamook Bait entry--

------
Here is Contest Entry # 2 *Fishchuck from ifish.

He was fishing the MIGHTY WILSON RIVER today and caught this nice 22 pound fresh from the Ocean SPRINGER! Caught on Marie's Shrimp Scent applied to her sand shrimp!

When he called me from the river he had the fish-on! and was fighting it as we spoke! When he braught it to me, the fish was still breathing!
Still had sea lice. Fresh from the Ocean!

Say Congratulations to Chuck!

22 lbs
37.5 length
22 in girth
wearing an ifish hat

picture taken by Marie

www.tillamookbait.com

·
Registered
554 Posts
That's ME!! That's ME!! The guy holding up the 36# 44 inch springer is me....Dakotan. I'm registerd and last time I checked in good standing with IFISH. Heck, I'm logged on 24 hours a day. I caught it on April 27th and Marie posted it for me and then I added a couple pictures to the posting. Do a search for "Dakota Boys" for the posting. I tried to hyperlink it this morning to no avail and then also tried to repost the pictures to this topic but my computer was having difficulty locating the posting pictures download server. I'm be the first to admit that I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comese to computers!

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
554 Posts
Thanks for the link Jen. Here is a cool picture that Marie took at Tillamook Bait Company. Note the Ifish hat in the picture. No punch to the gill plate because it was soon thereafter beheaded and stuffed in a cooler.

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes they do, if you took a picture with an ifish hat and had the fish checked at the checkpoints.

However, I didn't see this question in time. The rules are on the contest page, linked above. There are checkpoints in Portland for that reason.

So... The contest is closed and.... Guess who the winner is?

Jen

·
Registered
554 Posts
ME?!?!?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts