IFish Fishing Forum banner

161 - 180 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
cockles last week on the negative tide on Thu, and mostly butters on Sat with one gaper. Right of the crabbing dock at Garibaldi. This weekend, went after mussels as I had heard about them around oceanside, and found some (didn't want to go south).
Lots of fun!
IMG_20210508_212718_706.jpg
IMG_20210508_212718_719.jpg

IMG_20210508_212718_724.jpg

IMG_20210508_205445.jpg

·
Registered
748 Posts
I raked for steamer clams as a kid in a bay when the tide went out but damned if I can remember anything about it. Pick a puddle and rake?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Im Gonna "Get Jiggy Wit it" for some Prized Clams on MONDAY!

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
DA concentration in Clatsop razor clams is trending down. Looks like if the trend continues at this rate we may be able to squeeze in a short season before the July 15 closure.
April 16: 62 ppm
April 30 47 ppm
May 14 32 ppm

Next sampling is week of May 24. Clamming can be re-opened if there are two consecutive samplings below the closure limit of 20 ppm of the same species at the same location.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
DA concentration in Clatsop razor clams is trending down. Looks like if the trend continues at this rate we may be able to squeeze in a short season before the July 15 closure.
April 16: 62 ppm
April 30 47 ppm
May 14 32 ppm

Next sampling is week of May 24. Clamming can be re-opened if there are two consecutive samplings below the closure limit of 20 ppm of the same species at the same location.
June 11th could be the second test below 20. If May 28th is 19 or less, break out the gear!

·
Registered
789 Posts
Was out perch fishing earlier, Klipsan area.
The clams were necking heavy all around me arrrgh.
Hoping for a June dig at least.

·
Registered
18,586 Posts
Been slacking. eyeFISH probably has the full meal deal.
Lotsa crab molts washed high up the beach...

Just a ways downhill, bazillions of sand shrimp! It was the widest densest band of shrimp holes I've seen in 27 years of diggin' the WA Coast.... 140 paces from top to bottom!

Brother scores FIRST BLOOD!

f4b gittin'R'dun...

Mrs fop on the board!

RobbieG and Pops

Ms Leanne is a HAPPY GIRL!

L-squared on the board!

Holy smokes! A JesseM driveby.... with the future Mrs JesseM in tow.

LIMITS!

And MORE limits!

Still tryin' to figure out how they got all those folks in that minivan... things that make ya go, "Hmmmmmmm?"

All done, but they're still comin' in droves!

Sunday Brunch...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,586 Posts
Fingers crossed for another clean test tomorrow and an opener for the super-tide series that starts next Monday.

Unfortunately, federal protection of nesting snowy plovers on Long Beach, Twin Harbors and for the first time Copalis will prevent us from digging after May 15. So disappointing….

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Fingers crossed for another clean test tomorrow and an opener for the super-tide series that starts next Monday.

Unfortunately, federal protection of nesting snowy plovers on Long Beach, Twin Harbors and for the first time Copalis will prevent us from digging after May 15. So disappointing….

Wait, what...? So to confirm, the chances for a dig during the Memorial Day weekend at Twin Harbors is a big fat zero ????

161 - 180 of 232 Posts