IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
441 - 460 of 467 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Going to attempt a run at canning some clams. Going to do half pint jars, so from what I gather it takes 11lbs for 60 minutes. If that sounds way off, please advise. Also trying to think of interesting ingredients or additions to make some different varieties. Any tips much appreciated

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Trying to plan some spring dates for razor clamming at Clatsop/ Ft Stevens. March 20-23 look like zero tides around late morning to noon. Do we think clamming will stay open there around thos dates and are those decent clamming tides?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Trying to plan some spring dates for razor clamming at Clatsop/ Ft Stevens. March 20-23 look like zero tides around late morning to noon. Do we think clamming will stay open there around thos dates and are those decent clamming tides?
Unless toxins come back those dates and tides will clam.

Clam

·
Registered
7,065 Posts
Want to make some clam dip with my razors. Was wondering how to cook them for clam dip? Anyone have a recipe??
I take a limit of razors or butters, mix with a half cup of oil, a quarter cup of Tony's creole seasoning, and a tablespoon of liquid smoke.
Put this in a baking pan, and bake until the clam bits start to get crispy. Then take the pan, scrape out the burnt spices and oil and crispy clams, and mix with a mix of sour cream and cream cheese. If you want a scoopable dip, more sour cream. Spreadable? More cream cheese.
The stuff does not last more than a day in my house.

Alternatively, drop liquid smoke and smoke on the smoker for 30 min, but the liquid smoke works just fine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I take a limit of razors or butters, mix with a half cup of oil, a quarter cup of Tony's creole seasoning, and a tablespoon of liquid smoke.
Put this in a baking pan, and bake until the clam bits start to get crispy. Then take the pan, scrape out the burnt spices and oil and crispy clams, and mix with a mix of sour cream and cream cheese. If you want a scoopable dip, more sour cream. Spreadable? More cream cheese.
The stuff does not last more than a day in my house.

Alternatively, drop liquid smoke and smoke on the smoker for 30 min, but the liquid smoke works just fine.
THANK YOU!!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Rut Roo Raggy

South Coast Closes for Razor Clamming
The Oregon Department of Agriculture (ODA) and the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife (ODFW) announce the closure of the south coast for all razor clam harvesting. Razor clamming is now closed from Cape Blanco, north of Port Orford, to the California border because domoic acid toxin levels are above the closure limit. Razor clamming remains open from the Washington border to Cape Blanco.

Hope it stays south and disappears

·
Registered
18,783 Posts
Has Washington had 9 straight days open on Long Beach with a 20 clam limit in a lifetime?
Not all nine will be diggable this time of year.

A year or two before the COVID outbreak, Long Beach had a spring dig with a 25-clam limit to catch up on harvest after a prolonged closure for DA.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
can you dig LB and the clatsop beach on the same day?

went last night and hit Longbeach 2 hrs before low tide and it was was easy limits.
I emailed OSP and here is the reply.

Hi Stan,
Yes, you can. However, while in OR, you’ll want to be able to prove that some of the clams were harvested in WA. Best advice would be, if possible, to not have any WA clams in your possession while clamming or returning from clamming in OR.
Thanks,

Kerri
Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife
4034 Fairview Industrial Dr SE
Salem, Oregon 97302-1142
Ph: (503)947-6002
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
I emailed OSP and here is the reply.

Hi Stan,
Yes, you can. However, while in OR, you’ll want to be able to prove that some of the clams were harvested in WA. Best advice would be, if possible, to not have any WA clams in your possession while clamming or returning from clamming in OR.
Thanks,

Kerri
Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife
4034 Fairview Industrial Dr SE
Salem, Oregon 97302-1142
Ph: (503)947-6002
[email protected]

Huh.

Guilty until proven innocent.

I get it, but it does leave a bad taste.

441 - 460 of 467 Posts