IFish Fishing Forum banner

181 - 200 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Big negative tides next week sure are going to tempt a lot of people to go rogue.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
This is good news! We are going to be up in Oceana for June tides. Hope they open it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
its back on !!! mockrocks only !!! thanks wdfw

may 24 532am
may 26 709am
may 28 846am
may 30 1026am

The approved morning razor clam digs, along with low tides, are:

• May 24, Monday; 5:32 AM; -0.7; Mocrocks only
  • May 26, Wednesday; 7:09 AM; -1.6; Mocrocks only
  • May 28, Friday; 8:46 AM; -2.5; Mocrocks only
  • May 30, Sunday; 10:26 AM; -1.6; Mocrocks only.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Don't need a big minus tide. You can stand in one spot on a small hold up tide and see 50 donuts, right before low.
I like big tides and I cannot lie
You other brothers can't deny
The razors out deep are as big as a fat bottom girl.

I leave the beach front for the handicap or walking challenged.
Love to be in the splish splash on big low tides as it is anyway.

Reactions: Pirate

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Nope...they are pulling a fast one on us...testing in 3 weeks. Opening the 18th and then closing again a few weeks later ***
Thank you for catching that. Gonna be some head scratching on this one. Incredible what this state does to its citizens! Hypothetically, what might happen if a few thousand people participated in an act of civil disobedience?

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I spoke with Judy Dowell, who is apparently the person responsible for the shellfish testing. I asked about the reason for switching to a 3-week cycle of testing instead of the usual 2-week cycle. The explanation was that they needed to collect clams by Wed. of the testing week in order to get them processed and results back by Friday. The week of June 14 was chosen because of favorable tides. I pointed out to her that the week of June 7 also had favorable tides for digging razors on Tuesday and Wednesday, which would allow them to meet their schedule of having results by Friday and also would return them to a 2-week testing schedule. She was unwilling to consider a change. My sense is that the week she's chosen has late morning minus tides, which is convenient. The prior week's minus tides are early in the morning which I surmised was inconvenient, although Judy didn't use that word.
Perhaps if we make some calls she'll become a little more flexible, and maybe decide serving the public's interest is important, more important than the Dept. of Agriculture's convenience. I spoke with her at about 3pm today. She indicated I was the 10th caller regarding this subject.
Hop on the phone and make a case for returning to a 2-week testing cycle. Contacts are:
Judy Dowell 503-871-2118
Carl Smit (Judy's boss) 541-602-4006

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
I spoke with Judy Dowell, who is apparently the person responsible for the shellfish testing. I asked about the reason for switching to a 3-week cycle of testing instead of the usual 2-week cycle. The explanation was that they needed to collect clams by Wed. of the testing week in order to get them processed and results back by Friday. The week of June 14 was chosen because of favorable tides. I pointed out to her that the week of June 7 also had favorable tides for digging razors on Tuesday and Wednesday, which would allow them to meet their schedule of having results by Friday and also would return them to a 2-week testing schedule. She was unwilling to consider a change. My sense is that the week she's chosen has late morning minus tides, which is convenient. The prior week's minus tides are early in the morning which I surmised was inconvenient, although Judy didn't use that word.
Perhaps if we make some calls she'll become a little more flexible, and maybe decide serving the public's interest is important, more important than the Dept. of Agriculture's convenience. I spoke with her at about 3pm today. She indicated I was the 10th caller regarding this subject.
Hop on the phone and make a case for returning to a 2-week testing cycle. Contacts are:
Judy Dowell 503-871-2118
Carl Smit (Judy's boss) 541-602-4006
Anybody who has dug razor clams recognizes that the lowering minus tides of June 7-8 are better than the rising tides of June 14-15 for digging test clams. Thanks, MikeT, for your efforts. I will be calling those numbers after the three day weekend. I seriously doubt that Judy Dowell or Carl Smit are the end of this chain of command, but I will listen to their excuses, even though what Judy Dowell told MikeT is not a reasonable or believable response.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Sunday...Tried pacific beach area was rather tough with multiple water canals went back to Roosevelt got 17 with 2 people; late start due to Aberdeen to ocean shores traffic jam a lot digging after 12

181 - 200 of 232 Posts