IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
61 - 80 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Oregon State biggest game of the year is against Oregon, Oregon biggest game of the year was against Ohio State.
I disagree. BTW, what happened to the 1-0 mentality?

UO's biggest game of the year was vs. Utah. They just didn't know it.

OSU's biggest game of the year was also against Utah. If you can't beat the best team in the South division how are you going to win a conference title?

Honestly, which program has the best chance of beating Utah in Vegas on 12/3?

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
Oregon‘s biggest game of the year is this Saturday.

And it’s hard to beat a team twice in the same season. The defeated team knows what it did wrong and can focus on the shortcomings. The victor can either plan on doing the same things that contributed to their prior victory, and hope that the adjustments their opponent makes fall short, or they can change the game plan and try to exploit a different weakness.

If the Ducks win (and again, my confidence is not high) I could foresee a much more competitive game. After all, it couldn’t get much worse than the first go around.

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
I want both teams in this game for different reasons.
Ducks, so they can avenge the Utah loss
Beav’s, because they are so improved and have the heart & Soul

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I want both teams in this game for different reasons.
Ducks, so they can avenge the Utah loss
Beav’s, because they are so improved and have the heart & Soul
Avenge the Utah loss? That'll never be. A win against the Beavs ( not so fast Henry) still doesn't do crap to avenge the crushing loss to the Utes. Who's driving this bus, sympathy?

·
Registered
827 Posts
I have tickets to the Pac12 championship game Dec 3. I hope to see the Ducks erase the prior Utah game from memory.

I would also enjoy watching the Beavs take a second win from Utah. Always thought Jonathan Smith was a winner as a player, and hope to see him get the Beavs back to winning every game except one every season.

As much as I cringe thinking it, I need the Huskies to win to make my trip to Vegas enjoyable.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts

And it’s hard to beat a team twice in the same season. The defeated team knows what it did wrong and can focus on the shortcomings. The victor can either plan on doing the same things that contributed to their prior victory, and hope that the adjustments their opponent makes fall short, or they can change the game plan and try to exploit a different weakness.

If the Ducks win (and again, my confidence is not high) I could foresee a much more competitive game. After all, it couldn’t get much worse than the first go around.
Confidence isn't high?! C'mon, no Ifish bets this year, Sneaker? Or did you only engage in that back during your "lurking" days? 😉

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
If you have something to say, say it.

This is supposed to be fun.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
😮

You're not having fun? I am. I am sorry to hear you are not. Was just wondering if you were going to bet on the game, donate to charity of one's choice. Used to be a tradition on here. As a long-time lurker I figured you were familiar.

·
Registered
12,511 Posts
I was in Costco Tuesday, crazy, I know. I noticed a distinct lack of duck gear. Unscientific observation: Beaver gear 4, duck gear 0. It's "funny" as soon as they aren't in the running for the "natty" (I loathe that term it's a national chamionship; see Beaver Baseball), the green, gold, yellow, gray, black toilet bowls go back into the closet until next year.

Go Beavers!

Reactions: SturgeonKing50

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Ouch, I went back and looked at the most recent 10 complete seasons.

If you’re a Beaver fan I don’t recommend it.

43-79, which means losing two out of every three games. Actually it’s a little worse than that but I rounded.

During the same time period the Ducks are 101-32, which equates to a 76% win percentage. And that includes 4 PAC-12 Championships, 3 Rose Bowl wins, and 2 National Championship appearances.

But no National Championship wins, right?

Yep, that goal has eluded Oregon, but be honest with yourself - would you rather get there and lose, or go 5-7 (OSU’s record both times Oregon played for the NC) and watch from the couch?

They know, they know, you don't need to rub it in their faces lol

·
Registered
2,051 Posts

Oh yeah it could. Much worse. Hopefully Cristobal gets it figured out before Saturday. I wouldn’t worry about Utah just yet. You need to survive the war this Saturday. My Duck pals really don’t want to see Utah again. Just sayin.:) 🇺🇲

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
They know, they know, you don't need to rub it in their faces lol
If the Beavs pull off the upset, will duck fans be content to say "Yeah, but look how much better we've been over the last twenty years"?

Duck's biggest win of the year was Ohio State. Despite a lackluster conference performance, it was enough to keep them in the discussion for the playoff. Ducks' next biggest game was Utah. A chance to clinch the North and stay in the playoff picture. OOOPS!!

For which team is Saturday a "must win" for the season to not be considered a failure?

61 - 80 of 170 Posts