IFish Fishing Forum banner
81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
looks like a nice way to spend an evening. Much cooler on the river. The pup isn't so little anymore.

·
Registered
11,012 Posts
Sporty Whitecaps this final morning of the steelhead season, then a move to deeper water targeting salmon.

The Columbia is 70F.

It was 90 minutes after high tide before my sea anchors would hold me with the stiff upriver wind.

Leo says “When does the fun part start?”

·
Registered
6,547 Posts
Yes, it was indeed a great summer steelhead season on the Columbia. Those are some of the fattiest, succulent fish there is. I haven't indulged in a summer for a couple years.

·
Registered
11,012 Posts
I guess that’s it for fishing shallow water for me for 2022.

Leo got to be part of the fun of the solo anchoring and netting in the wind after all, and now we’ve moved out deep for the Hail
Mary wobbler chinook heard tell of to cap the limit.

Lots of fresh air today.

·
Registered
402 Posts
seems kinda dumb with a one fish limit and a high percentage of hatchery origin fish, that an in season adjustment hasn't been made. Hopefully the numbers climb.
View attachment 986138
I wonder if they will raise the chinook limit from 1 to 2 adults in a lot of areas? I was thinking low steelhead counts of years past and reducing incidental steelhead catch had something to do with that.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Finally had a day without too much North wind and anchored with the kids in our spot. An hour into the tide and the outside rod folds. was running a micro wing and a small prawn. Peeling drag downstream-- that's not a steelhead. Kinda got our clock cleaned and the fish popped off before we could get clear. The kids loved the day at the beach and didn't seem to mind. Daddy feels somewhat differently. Sigh.

·
Registered
6,547 Posts
Pffffffffttt caught 1 on a dang wobbler today LOL

OK the seasons over and to be honest guys other than the last 2 summer steelhead I caught this year the 1st 7 were accidentals while targeting Sockeye. 🤪
Gotta love the multi species lures. Spread out the odds of getting into something. 🥰

• Haha
Reactions: plugs
81 - 96 of 96 Posts