IFish Fishing Forum banner
61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
6,547 Posts
Whethole- I have Scotty holders and only one can you lift out of gun el mount while grabbing the pole. That is due to a person running to a bite and pulling straight up on the pole with the holder smoothing out the little “ridge “ on the side of the post that goes into the gunnel mount.
I would think that would be the case if the base and rod holders weren't brand new. It did this almost immediately. None of my other rod holders do that in any other base. It's just the one base on any rod holder I put in it. I feel it's a defective base.

·
Premium Member
14,764 Posts
Dead zone report from Friday: one drive by. Checker had one small chinook when I got back to the ramp at 2.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Nice work! I was starting to think you were caught by the warden and sentenced to a month of "Honey Do's!"😆
Had to completely change up my presentation and area fishing. 1 of the hatcheries has released chinook smolts on the lower end here and didn't want to unnecessarily kill any if I could help it.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Noticeable slowing of the bite today and yesterday. Still got our fish. Checked out river level at Vancouver and the Columbia has been on the rise since yesterday morning, explains the exact timing the bite slowed.

61 - 80 of 96 Posts