IFish Fishing Forum banner
41 - 60 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Second hand report that effort is on out at PDX to Camas with a fish here and there but not on fire yet. I’m told Columbia is a bit high and warm still in the Dead Zone.

I trust my source who passed the report on to me today from his friend who has fished several days in the area now. Heat wave this week really sucks. I’m looking at Friday for me and I will post a report for that.

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
I sure miss those days at or below Frenchmen's burning massive amounts of vacation days during the week to whack and stack fish on the hook with wobblers. Good times and great memories. Haven't fish that area in a few years. Easier, quieter, and closer to go to the coast now and troll some tide water if I'm forced to troll.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Fished 6 - 8:30 yesterday and this morning. Trolled from the railroad bridge to Davis and took a few laps at Davis. Railroad bridge/power line area is fairly full of grass and requires gear cleaning at 15 minute intervals. Davis is pretty clean. Saw two fish lost at the boat on Monday, no action for me. Heard of two caught today and I had two good take downs but couldn't hook up. All the action was at Davis. About 8 boats at Davis when I left this morning. A bit breezy today, maybe 5-mph.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I stopped at Ridgefield and fished for a few hours Sunday night. Way more boat trailers in the parking lot that I expected. Most of them "fishing" and not water sports.

Trolled a brads cutplug and 360, 30-60 fow, both Washington and Oregon side. Marked a fish or two about 15' deep. No bites...
Thanks for the report and now lets see if some of those folks that own those trailers can chime in,the weekend is coming soon for us weekend warriors and I really need to bend the rod.

·
Registered
13,786 Posts
I sure miss those days at or below Frenchmen's burning massive amounts of vacation days during the week to whack and stack fish on the hook with wobblers. Good times and great memories. Haven't fish that area in a few years. Easier, quieter, and closer to go to the coast now and troll some tide water if I'm forced to troll.
agreed.....there were days we tossed fish back because it was so good!! It was just the opposite of the "Dead Zone" in those days.....

Reactions: WaterDog

·
Registered
47 Posts
Fished 8/16 out of Kalama and trolled for first 3 hours of the morning. Trolled Brad's cutplug, superbait and a spinner with not a scratch. We were marking fish on the bottom and suspended halfway in water column. About a dozen boats around us doing the same and did not a see a single net fly. Anchored just above McMenamins in 40' water. Did not see any action from the guys on the beach. Had one takedown on a Simon Seahawk and before we could get to the rod, popped off. Only saw 1 fish netted which was from a boat anchored just below us.

123 Posts
Fished the Mouth of the Lewis today. Technically the dead zone upriver of it because the grass was awful below the mouth.

Saw about 50 boats and not a single net. Saw one caught inside the Lewis. But that’s about it. Marked one fish all day. I’ll try Davis Bar tomorrow morning.
Fished same area last night and experienced the same - very slow and the grass was terrible.

41 - 60 of 256 Posts