IFish Fishing Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
2 rods for a few hours this morning. PT and SB. Jack retained and broke off a big chinook.

Very hot fish. My Neighbor let the fish go under the boat without dropping her rod tip. Scraped the bottom of the boat and lost everything. She learned a lesson today.

I can still picture the fish in the water. It was big and bright. This one hurts.

·
Registered
268 Posts
In the before times, during the long long ago, in an age before 360s, before enlightenment, when man's mainstem CR fall fishery was restricted to primitive anchor fishing, with only wobblers and plugs at our disposal, the Dead Zone was named. For in those dark ages, before the gift of 360 was revealed unto us, only the 10% of the 10% could catch fall chinook on anchor betwixt the Lewis and Bonneville. A barren wasteland of sunburns and wasted rod hours and spilt carrot milk. Let us never forget the sacrifices of our forefathers.
🤣😂🤣😂 lol yes, testify brotha!

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
In the before times, during the long long ago, in an age before 360s, before enlightenment, when man's mainstem CR fall fishery was restricted to primitive anchor fishing, with only wobblers and plugs at our disposal, the Dead Zone was named. For in those dark ages, before the gift of 360 was revealed unto us, only the 10% of the 10% could catch fall chinook on anchor betwixt the Lewis and Bonneville. A barren wasteland of sunburns and wasted rod hours and spilt carrot milk. Let us never forget the sacrifices of our forefathers.
Totally read trhat in a Morgan Freeman voice.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
4 passes this morning from I5 train bridge past Davis bar. 2 rods. 360’s with spinner, brads skinnies, and spinfish. 0/0. Something must have happened early at the mouth of the Willy 10-20 boats in there. On are first pass. Heard a couple caught and lost. Still early probably should have gone lower in the river but also wanted to stay close to home. Good luck everyone this season and be safe!!! Also if anyone finds a iPhone12 at the 42nd street boat ramp maybe by the pay station next to the ramp or in between? Hell maybe in the river? Black case and it was dark as can be this morning putting in but please pm me if found But it’s probably long gone now.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
The boats in the Willy are the remnants of the March, April, May, June, July and now August spring chinook fleet. Picking off late arriving Springers. 2 rod license poops out August 15th. And if single rod barbless, below the deadline you can bonk anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone here in St. John’s area looking for a fishing partner? I launch out of St. John’s with A 160 HewesCraft Sportsman and I’d like to hit Davis Bar with some regularity this season. New 90HP main so we’ll be on the grounds fast. Plenty of fishing room for two! Got 2 in 4 trips last year. Not my go-to fall fishery but convenient.

Always nice to have two rods in the water! Let me know and let’s make it happen.

·
Registered
10,830 Posts
And the boat captains yelled, verily, "FISH!" And it was so.

Great riff, my friend. Well done.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Trolled for a couple of hours after work tonight with the wife. Gorgeous evening on the river. Best conditions I've ever seen after work.

Wife went 1 for 2. She hooked this 13lbs hen about 8pm. It put up a great fight. Water 71F.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
Nice fish and those hens always fight way better. Put a mid teens buck in the boat and just reeled him and netted. Lazy fish

Yeah yesterday the Weather was as good as it gets.

Next week with the warm weather and all I imagine it won’t be very nice. Either to hot or to windy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
194 Posts
I stopped at Ridgefield and fished for a few hours Sunday night. Way more boat trailers in the parking lot that I expected. Most of them "fishing" and not water sports.

Trolled a brads cutplug and 360, 30-60 fow, both Washington and Oregon side. Marked a fish or two about 15' deep. No bites...

21 - 40 of 50 Posts