IFish Fishing Forum banner
41 - 60 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
That’s what I was thinking as well. See you Thursday for a bait stop. And thanks again for all your input. It’s very helpful.
I'm making the same trip but the wife won't do bar crossing.. seriously thinking about pulling the plug, but also don't want to bail.. The tides look pretty good but wind looks like it could kick up good Fri/Sat even in the river..

What to do???? Man, its a tough one

·
Registered
29 Posts
Right now Thursday looks easy, then the ocean gets ugly.

Luckily, tides in the river are awesome friday thru sunday and fish will die in the river.
Is this sarcasm?? If not, it is encouraging.. Seriously looking at the pic of no one on the river and reports and just eating our reservation tonight and cancelling Thurs/Fri night. Wife is not interested in crossing bar, tried to convince her.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts

·
Vendor
6,414 Posts
We just cut a 29.3 pound chinook and 5 coho for guys that ventured out toward CR buoy.
Vertebrate Food Tire Fish Seafood

It is not sarcasm. The way I read a tide chart, and what Im seeing suddenly in fish bags, the river could pop tomorrow morning. The tides stay great through the weekend. I think there will be fish caught from B10 to Tongue Point this weekend.

·
Registered
414 Posts
We just cut a 29.3 pound chinook and 5 coho for guys that ventured out toward CR buoy.
View attachment 986386

It is not sarcasm. The way I read a tide chart, and what Im seeing suddenly in fish bags, the river could pop tomorrow morning. The tides stay great through the weekend. I think there will be fish caught from B10 to Tongue Point this weekend.
I really hope so
I’m on a string of a slow bite’s
Actually no bites
I need B10 to raise my spirits
Feeling like I don’t know how to catch fish anymore
Hopefully Saturday will be kind to me …..

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Is this sarcasm?? If not, it is encouraging.. Seriously looking at the pic of no one on the river and reports and just eating our reservation tonight and cancelling Thurs/Fri night. Wife is not interested in crossing bar, tried to convince her.
Big Game Fishing is optimistic and it makes sense. 1. He is able to get into the ocean where the fishing opportunities are 100x what is available in the river so he has seen really great fishing. 2. He has gone in big on his business which needs people like us to go fishing, As long as it isn't incorrect info (example, "I saw 100s of boats and most were limited" when that is not true) then I say, bring on the optimism.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I'm making the same trip but the wife won't do bar crossing.. seriously thinking about pulling the plug, but also don't want to bail.. The tides look pretty good but wind looks like it could kick up good Fri/Sat even in the river..

What to do???? Man, its a tough one
I am fishing the river Friday and Saturday, and hopefully the ocean Thursday and Sunday.
I am pretty comfortable fishing the river on Friday and Saturday with it being windy.
My dad told me, “If you fish the forecasts, you will never fish”. That being said, I have zero problems turning around at the launch if it’s going to be bad. I just have to see….

·
Vendor
6,414 Posts
Big Game Fishing is optimistic and it makes sense. 1. He is able to get into the ocean where the fishing opportunities are 100x what is available in the river so he has seen really great fishing. 2. He has gone in big on his business which needs people like us to go fishing, As long as it isn't incorrect info (example, "I saw 100s of boats and most were limited" when that is not true) then I say, bring on the optimism.
"Optimistic"?

I know of boats landing good numbers of chinook today, and boat limits. Chinook are being caught in the ocean close in too.

Note the absence of reports today?

Not a single "slow" report?

Hmm.

I think my business will be fine. I don't post false reports to drum up business. I have helped put people on fish and crab in the river and ocean. I told you all it would fish, and it is.

The ocean is pretty cold in places, the river is suddenly warm, and we have perfect tides. It fished like August 24th today for many boats, with a fraction of the crowd.

Don't believe me, keep missing out.

·
Registered
454 Posts
"Optimistic"?

I know of boats landing good numbers of chinook today, and boat limits. Chinook are being caught in the ocean close in too.

Note the absence of reports today?

Not a single "slow" report?

Hmm.

I think my business will be fine. I don't post false reports to drum up business. I have helped put people on fish and crab in the river and ocean. I told you all it would fish, and it is.

The ocean is pretty cold in places, the river is suddenly warm, and we have perfect tides. It fished like August 24th today for many boats, with a fraction of the crowd.

Don't believe me, keep missing out.
All the reports and advice you give on here are great I dont doubt any of it

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
That's a low blow...... I haven't seen a Big Game report yet I didn't agree with.

limits today on lots of boats. I washome today for the last time till sept, but between texts and facebook, I saw more limits then not......

41 - 60 of 228 Posts