IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Two fish in the box right after daylight, one a 20 lb plus URB the other a nice Coho. Both put on fast runs burning line off the reels. Saw two more boats netting fish around us. What a start to B-10 this morning makes me glad I had this dream.

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Two fish in the box right after daylight, one a 20 lb plus URB the other a nice Coho. Both put on fast runs burning line off the reels. Saw two more boats netting fish around us. What a start to B-10 this morning makes me glad I had this dream.
You tease!

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Need a picture of the First One!!??
It's sort of blurry after my first cup of Joe. But will this work? It's my brother-in-law who passed away two months back holding a B-10 fish that tested his gear. Great fisherman, hunter, and storyteller.
Vertebrate Smile Mammal Fish Fisherman

·
Registered
757 Posts
Super-short pre-work run out to the Checkerboard this morning, just to say I fished the opener (made me late for a meeting!). Saw a few juicy-looking marks on the TV, but not a sniff. Water was 70.7F.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
The regs and gas prices won't make a difference. You will always be fishing with 500 to 1000 of your best friends. It is Buoy 10 after all. Everyone arrives at 6:00 AM no matter the tide. If you don't want to wait you arrive earlier. No big deal. jc
I think astoria will see way less traffic until end of the month with the new regs, I may be wrong. But why travel to coast and bonk hatchery tulies when you can keep a urb up higher in the system.... I looking forward to 25th-2nd of September

·
Registered
674 Posts
I think astoria will see way less traffic until end of the month with the new regs, I may be wrong. But why travel to coast and bonk hatchery tulies when you can keep a urb up higher in the system.... I looking forward to 25th-2nd of September
We are looking forward to that week as well. We will be there too. Unfortunately, the reality will probably be Coho only due to all the LRH fish kept the first half of the month. jc

·
Registered
575 Posts
We are looking forward to that week as well. We will be there too. Unfortunately, the reality will probably be Coho only due to all the LRH fish kept the first half of the month. jc.

Since a LRH fish caught under MSF regulations counts about a fifth of one caught under nonselective regulations towards ESA natural tules, it isn't the first 24 days that's gonna be the problem. It's the catch and effort from the 25th onward that going to rack up natural tule mortalities. IMO I wouldn't count on Chinook retention after about September 2 or 3.

1 - 20 of 245 Posts