1,928 Posts

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Oh no Hopefully the driver was ok

·
Registered
16,595 Posts
They were recovering a 74 year old man who was in his vehicle that has been missing since last September..........

Here is the video from the group of volunteer diving group that found him........

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Yikes. Well that's sad to hear. that big Winnebago and trailer on the right was blocking the downstream dock when I left and the guy was just parked at the dock sitting there with no boat but blocking the whole ramp and dock. Almost made a snide comment about him blocking the ramp and glad I didn't.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I was in the water WAY to early at 42nd street landing on the CR. I never used that launch before and it’s a nice ramp.

It was my maiden voyage trying out my new anchor system. There wasn’t any other fishermen until after it got light. I just started trolling my way up stream looking for a decent anchorage spot to try. Quite a few guys we’re heading up stream, so I picked up my gear and ran upstream myself until I found a few guys anchoring along the Washington side, and decided to give it a go myself.

I was pleased with the new anchor set up, and had no problems at all setting up solo, or retrieving it. These anchor caddies are NICE! Takes all the fight out of these heavy anchors….

Unfortunately…. I had no action on my rigs. I ran a couple different sardine wrapped K-14’s until tide swapped about 11am -11:30. I was able to stay on bottom with 10 oz weights, but wish I would have brought some 12 ounce in that current. I think having some 16 ounce on hand for that kind of fishing too might be wise.

I ran up above 205 and gave it another go, but I chose my location poorly and just didn’t have enough current to pull it off. But I got some good anchor experience away from others and figured out a couple things I won’t do again… lol

Beautiful day out there on the water, but the sail boats came out after noon and made trolling back down the river challenging in the wind. There was one guy I talked to that landed a fish, but that’s it.

Kirk

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Fished 4 rods today out of Washougal. First rod in the water about 0620. Fished until about 2:15 without a takedown. Was hoping to get my best friends son into his first salmon and had high hopes. Fished kwiks, spinners and spin fish. Talked to a couple regulars and nothing for them last couple days. Fish checker said one wild released for 15 boats. Crazy not one fish brought in when we have seen dozens caught over last couple weekend.

·
Registered
231 Posts
River's been on the rise for the last few days. The bite may improve with the level starting to recede again...maybe.

·
Registered
10,138 Posts
One on, then off at the boat. Definitely a chinook.

All three seasons today. Love a top.

Bingo with the shortest rainbow ever.

My Daiwa Saltist casts so much better, especially with lighter weights than does the smaller Calcutta. Easy decision.

The Columbia is 64.5F.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Went out today hoping to break an unwanted dry spell. After starting the year 0/3 since being home from school. I’ve been itching to finally get one in the boat. Started the morning out deeper but had to move in shallower to find less current. The move paid off five minutes later as the inside buried before we got all the rods out. My cousin from Tennessee was able to catch his first ever salmon! Shortly after, I found a second one on a plug that I found floating by this morning.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
well that's good news.

Fished though the tide on Saturday but man the river was full of grass and junk. Probably should have trolled. tough to keep the lines clean.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I might have found the secret. You have to do anchor and fish for steelhead when chinook are closed. Kicked back two hatchery chinook caught on a steelhead prawn set up.🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Out for the long weekend. Hopefully those fish are still around next week.
Hilarious....both of my springers this weekend were on my steelhead rigs...anchored up...on my steelhead spots. Caught 2 clipped, and released 1 native. Also a 6 ft. oversized.
Seems to be a trend...

·
Registered
10,138 Posts
6 days remain to get your springers, then the limit doubles and we call them Summers. I’m getting pics from friends showing a few fish being caught by every method - as shallow as six feet on plugs, out deep on wobblers & trolled on 360/spinners.

CW

·
Registered
1,151 Posts

More fishing days, increased bag limit for spring Chinook before summer season begins June 16 - Sturgeon retention day set for June 12 in lower Columbia River
Date: June 10, 2021

CLACKAMAS, Ore.—State fishery managers from Oregon and Washington added four retention days (June 12-15) for spring Chinook above Bonneville Dam and increased the adult hatchery Chinook bag limit river-wide to two fish during that same time period. They also added an additional Estuary sturgeon retention day (June 12) on the lower Columbia River.

From Saturday, June 12 through Tuesday, June 15, fishing will be open in the mainstem Columbia River from the Tower Island power lines (approximately six miles below The Dalles Dam) upstream to the Oregon/Washington border, plus the Oregon and Washington banks between Bonneville Dam and the Tower Island power lines. The daily adult bag limit is two hatchery salmonids (Chinook or steelhead) per day, but only one may be a steelhead.

Spring Chinook retention has been open below Bonneville Dam since June 1, so today's decision simply adjusts the adult bag limit from one hatchery Chinook per day to two in the open area for the last four days of the spring management period.

The increased daily limit for adult Chinook and continued limit of one hatchery steelhead per day within the daily bag aligns the remainder of the spring management period with bag limits previously adopted for the summer season that begins June 16.

·
Registered
10,138 Posts
I didn’t fish today, but heard of many fish being caught. Sounds like the best bite since last September. Wobblers deeper on anchor, plugs shallower.

Here’s a beauty (with bloody beach accent)

CW

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Trolled for the last hour of the incoming and lost 1 hot fish that hit ran side ways into my wife’s gear then up river past the kicker before I could even get the rod in my hands. Hit the throttle and couldn’t keep up. Grabbed the rod and started reeling right as I started feeling the pressure of the fish it came unbuttoned. Made one more pass then tossed the pick in 20fow. Had a drive bye within 10min so the hopes were high that we would hook up before we had to leave. Decided it was time to relieve myself so as I stand in the front of the boat taking care of business my buddy is yelling fish fish. I look over my left shoulder and sure enough the pole is thrashing. I tell him to grab it and he says no it’s your fish. He finally submits and gets it in his hands all the time telling me to come get my fish. Well by the time I’m done and there was never even a foot of line reeled in it popped off the hook before I could get to the back of the boat. This kind of stuff makes almost as good of stories as catching the fish so it ended as a great evening on the water even with no fish

·
Premium Member
14,394 Posts
This kind of stuff makes almost as good of stories as catching the fish so it ended as a great evening on the water even with no fish
It's all the fun of fishing without the work of catching.

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk

821 - 840 of 897 Posts