IFish Fishing Forum banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
They should be there in decent catchable numbers by 5/22 in Oregon city. I usually
Start Memorial Day and do well. You’ll probably just have to move more often to find the lane. And either fish early morning or late afternoon. That 11-1 time frame is siesta time for them.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Oh great WTH now the shad are late now too!!! Last year by the 2nd weekend of May I was already putting up a video with me and my buddy with 30 each and a springer I had to release.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I was roping them in on May 8th of last year... Doesn't look like it'll be the case this year. Maybe the lack of rain is effecting them? I don't know anything about their migration or habits really.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Shad are pretty much always available in decent numbers in Oregon City by the 2nd weekend of May. Bonneville is always a few weeks behind OC. I am confident there will be plenty of shad in OC by this weekend but shad fishing is better on sunny days so not sure if fishing will be very good this weekend based on the weather forecast.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
They really don't show up in significant numbers until June.
Still Zero over Bonny as of today.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I fished 9-noon last Sunday the 2nd, in my "guaranteed" spot in OC that had been productive for the last 7 years. 13 FOW, my favorite shad darts, mini Simon wobblers, etc. ZILCH. Normally by this time of year, it's not lights out, but consistently decent.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Hmmm...Do I skip my crabbing trip on the 15th and reschedule to the 22nd to go shad fishing the 15th or do I say to hell with shad this early and just crap the 15th and try for shad the 22nd...Decisions Decisions.

·
Registered
6,810 Posts
Hmmm...Do I skip my crabbing trip on the 15th and reschedule to the 22nd to go shad fishing the 15th or do I say to hell with shad this early and just crap the 15th and try for shad the 22nd...Decisions Decisions.
This is your decision but I'd say you should go #2 more often than scheduling it every 2 weeks or so, especially with the food you post about...

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Yes, chicken works well, but not as well as shad. Besides, chickens aren't nearly as fun to catch.
You haven't had enough cold beverages before hand....lol

It's begun. 2 shad over the dam!
Dam Counts

I'm still waiting till June when you catch one almost every other cast.
Let the Stupid Fun Commence!

41 - 60 of 83 Posts