IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
761 - 780 of 865 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Anyone got a fish report ahead of the wild weather coming.
We were down yesterday. Crabbed the high slack first thing in the morning under the lighthouse.
Fished from 0900 to 1230 from the church to the checkerboard along the sands. It was consistent enough to keep us entertained. Kept a real nice silver, released a nook, lost a couple….several bites that didn’t stick. Fun day, no pressure. When the wind picked up we left and went home and ate crab till we all barfed.

Most of our bites were 20’ on the counter in 15-ish feet of water.

·
Registered
714 Posts
We got 8 yesterday for the 4 of us. It was work just to get the 8 even though we were trying for 12. We released a lot of unclipped, with some of them being devoured by seals the moment we released the tired fish...sad. I would have preferred to get our 3 fish and just get off the water instead of sorting through so many fish to get keepers. All fish were caught with triangle flashers and anchovies.

Seafood Wood Fish Cuisine Fish products

Attachments

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I have/had a weekend long camping/fishing trip this weekend planned. Hopefully the wind lays down enough to fish Saturday and Sunday . I think I have until tomorrow afternoon to cancel the camp site.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Good you guys need a Foul weather reality check. its been way to nice for way to long.....Alaska has some that's for sure so I got my reality check on FOUL wx
Plus we need the rain!!!

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
Hit the jetties for some crab and bottom fish first thing, good thing we did because Jen and I landed 8 adult salmon afterwards. None of which we could keep...

·
Registered
577 Posts
jcarufo-Your response is the most concise "how-to" I've read regarding the B-10 fishery.

I started fishing it in '99 or 2000, and while I learned it on my own, I owe most of my success to emulating a few locals (guides and highliners) and keying in on their decisions of when to move during a particular tide sequence (or time throughout a specific tide). This "patterning" (at times) can be a great tool to help add punches to the cards. Thanks for sharing, as your information should add to a significant amount of dead fish for folks!!!!
Thank you. The complements are really humbling. We have benefited from so many sharing their knowledge with us that we feel it's our responsibility to pass it forward.
By the way, we found a free Android app that is GPS sensitive that gives you both the Tide and Current stage 'where you actually are'. We don't really care about the 'Tide' side, but the Current side is really valuable. Especially since it happens dynamically at different times for different areas in the estuary. We use a really old Navionics Tides and Currents program at home to plan our day, but with the app you can also create a 'Favorites' list that really streamlines things on the water. The app is 'Tides and Currents' by Fly to Map. We use Clatsop Spit or Fort Canby/Jetty A for Buoy 10, Point Adams for the Checker Board, McGowan for the start of the Washington side of Desdemona, Warrenton/Skippanon for the Green Line, Columbia River/Port Docks for the Astoria side of the Bridge, Tongue Point for Tongue Point, etc...... Take a look, you'll get the idea really quickly. We know where we 'want to be' at a particular stage of the tide and the app really helps us do that.
Again, thank you for the complements. jc Tuna Maru

·
Registered
660 Posts
0900-1600 Hammond->Checkerboard->Church->Hammond-Green Cans->Bridge. Three rods, slow all day then got into a pretty good bite just above the bridge in the afternoon. Five keepers, two Chinook released, many lost. Surprisingly-few natives hooked. Next time, we'll just sleep in, go get lunch, then catch all the fish later. Much less gas.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Started 8:00 am in front of hammond saw two caught around buoy 25 solo. Dumped crab pots at 10 or so and picked up wife at dock. Pulled in two limits of crab by 11:30 fishing while they soaked…not a sniff.. ran up to bridge for tide change.. from noon to 2:45 three keepers, two wild throwbacks and 5 others lost for one rod….I agree with the sleeping in part… all on fresh anchovies and triangle flasher

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Similar report as above for September 16. 3 keepers for 3 rods. 4 released, a few more that didn't stick. All on anchovies behind triangles between 1:00 and 2:30 above the bridge.
Saw Dr. eyeFISH taking a short swim.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
1/1 today in the ship anchorage. Being the World's Laziest Fisherman, I didn't get out on the water until 1130. 45 minutes in, on the second pass, bonked a little 7.5 lb. coho. By the time I bled it, got tagged up, and cleared the deck, the sheep were on the water. Decided to be happy with my one fish and called it a day. Anchovy/triangle ~40' FOW, 30' of line out, 12 oz of lead.
You sir are my hero. I love hitting the water about the same time and fishing until dark.

·
Registered
647 Posts
We fished poorly today. Started about 4 pm, had a handful of takedowns, one shaker to the boat, but the crab fishing was great !

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
I was out yesterday, fished down at Buoy 10 first thing in the morning and about 8:00 or so the things got pretty good, saw 5-6 boats at a time with fish on. That lasted maybe an hour or a bit more. We ended up with one in the boat, should of been 3 but my partner had netting issues yesterday and knocked 2 fish off with the net - oh well. All fish on anchovies and electric pole dancer flasher. Fun day mostly.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Fished 9-16 and kept 7 and released another 7 or so with 4 rods. All above the bridge on the Washington side primarily in 20-30 or water on both incoming and outgoing. Orange triangle flasher did the best. Mostly on anchovy and couple on a small brads. And to the A-Holes who raided my crab pots, what the Fk. Very frustrating.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Where are you guys getting your fresh anchovy?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Tackle Time Bait, in Warrenton. Best bet is to call the day before and they'll have it set aside for you the next morning.
Sturgeon Paul's in hammond will hold them as well. They place their order at 3 the day prior. So call before then to guarantee your order. I can't remember what time tackle time does theirs but same deal.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

761 - 780 of 865 Posts