IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thinking to my self, If we are going to linclon City foe a couple of days why not drive down to Depoe Bay and fish off the rocks, only proublem I have never done this befor, don't know where to fish off the rocks,
Depoe bay dan, can you help out on this?? sounds like you live some where in the area, or anyone else out there, IN THE KNOW!!!
Thanks Tight lines Mr.A

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Make sure you fish at low tide and check the swell. I can tell you from experience that fishing in 9 ft swell is no fun. Just head down the rocks at the stop light (there's only one) Fish from there up to the crack (north) Take a bucket and get a limit of mussells, too, the rocks are carpeted with them. And like was posted earlier, do a search on "rockfishing" and you'll get a ton of info.

Have SAFE fun

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
Mr. A,

I'll try to get a hold of you later. Showed a couple ifisher's around on the rocks yesterday.

Both party's caught fish but was real slow and very windy late afternoon.

I talked lingslayer and ironhead into camping at Beverly beach campground and ended up camping with them last night. Brought some tuna that Marty caught, a silver that I caught and some fresh halibut that a local friend of mine caught.
Had one heck of a BBQ and Jamie (lingslayer) is one great cook and host. Best time I had in a long time.

Try calling me (541) 765-2896 (business number) and I will be in & out all day. Lot's of business to take care of and have to show Jamie another spot or two.

She caught a huge black yesterday (5.3 pounds) and was tickled pink about it and I will post a pic later. 5-6 pound blacks are pretty good size for this day & age.

RL (Roland) caught his first black yesterday and I gave him one I caught for him and his wife to enjoy. I lost a good size ling also that Roland tryed to help me land.

Dan

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Tuna, Silvers and Halibut......wow that IS a great BBQ

Dan, cooked up that black I caught while with you tonite........tried some pesto sauce mix as a dry rub, then into the George Foreman for about 5 minues.......mmmmmmmm tasty :smile:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts