IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
41,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Immediate Release Monday, September 08, 2003

ODFW Hosts Open House Wednesday in New Salem Location

SALEM - The Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife invites members of the public to visit its new headquarters location in north Salem at an open house 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 10, 2003.

ODFW administrators and program staff will be available to answer questions about fish and wildlife programs and the new building. In addition, visitors may tour the building on their own or receive a guided tour.

ODFW recently moved from downtown Portland to 3406 Cherry Avenue N.E. in Salem. The new headquarters offers easy access for members of the public, free parking for visitors and employees, improved meeting room space and a more inviting lobby area. In addition, the move will allow closer coordination between ODFW and other state natural resource agencies located in Salem.

The move was mandated by the 2001 Oregon Legislature, and was paid for out of the proceeds from the sale of ODFW's Portland headquarters building.

More information on the open house, with driving directions, may be found on the ODFW Web site at http://www.dfw.state.or.us/Move/move.htm.

Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife
Internet: www.dfw.state.or.us Fax: (503) 947-6009

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Congratulations, Chair Esler, Director Ball, Commissioners, and Staff on your new building.

I know this move has not been easy for all of you.

I can't tell you how much nicer this is going to make it on me.

I hope we don't loose all the Portland Ifish representaion now.

I can't make the open house but I'm sure I'll see you all soon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts