IFish.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
41,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Immediate Release Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Curt Melcher appointed Deputy Director

SALEM, Ore. – Curt Melcher has been appointed Deputy Director, Fish and Wildlife Programs by ODFW Director Roy Elicker.

Melcher, 43, has worked for ODFW for 20 years on marine and Columbia River fisheries. During that time, he has conducted and supervised research on salmon and sturgeon stocks and held key positions managing these fisheries. He has served as Fish Division Assistant Administrator for the Columbia River and Marine Programs since 2005.

Melcher graduated from the University of Oregon with a Bachelor of Science. Married with two children, he lives in Molalla and likes to hunt and fish in his spare time.

“Curt will bring strong leadership, experience, intelligence, and enthusiasm to ODFW,” said Director Roy Elicker.

“I’m excited about this new challenge and look forward to working with our dedicated staff, hunters, anglers and other Oregonians to protect fish and wildlife for future generations,” said Melcher.

Melcher begins his new position and duties on Sept. 1.

·
Administrator
41,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have to say I am very happy for Melcher and for our fisheries. Curt is a thoughtful, knowledgeable, accessible steward whose commitment to our fisheries is appreciated. Congratulations to him from me!

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Great choice!

When I was a kid fishing with my dad on the Willamette Curt was a regular fish checker. When I became a fish checker working for ODFW Curt was one of my bosses.

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
This is good news! Curt is one of the most level-headed and straightforward people I've encountered at ODFW. He seems to understand the issues and deals with the stress well.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Second in command. No more stream surveys I guess.:dancingman:

Congratulations to Curt.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I have to say I am very happy for Melcher and for our fisheries. Curt is a thoughtful, knowledgeable, accessible steward whose commitment to our fisheries is appreciated. Congratulations to him from me!
:agree: :yeahthat: Well said Pete!

:applause: Curt, congratulations on the promotion, well deserved! :applause:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Curt is a great guy and an asset to the agency. He was also one of my bosses when I worked for ODF&W and anyone that can out-think Lars Larson (not a stretch, believe me) certainly deserves to climb the ladder at a quick pace!

Great job Curt!

·
Premium Member
22,112 Posts
Couldn't be better for the department. He's one of the best I've ever worked with over there. :applause:

·
Registered
825 Posts
Melcher, 43, has worked for ODFW for 20 years on marine and Columbia River fisheries. During that time, he has conducted and supervised research on salmon and sturgeon stocks and held key positions managing these fisheries. He has served as Fish Division Assistant Administrator for the Columbia River and Marine Programs since 2005.
Curt will do an excellent job no doubt about it. I have had the privelage to meet him a couple of times at various Compacts. One thing I noticed is that he tends to error on the conservative side regarding gillnet and sport seasons (which is what we need), compared to Bill Twieet who represents WDFW.

Congrats Curt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts