IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
7 days a week until the allocation of 20,230 fish are caught or Sept 30.

Beginning Sept 17th. (Like Chum King below pointed out).

Let the complaining begin

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
I assume that all this means that only non-selective coho will count against the quota of 20,230, so that as long as that quota is not taken, fishers can continue to take as many marked coho as they can get subject to daily limits through 9/30. I also assume that if the quota of 20,230 non-selective coho is taken before 9/30, ODFW will send another notice as to when the season will close and that will mean it will be closed to the taking of either variety. It is the number of non-selective coho taken that determines how long the season lasts. The taking of marked coho will be allowed until 9/30, and not thereafter, as long as the non-selective quota is not taken .

·
Registered
283 Posts
I assume that all this means that only non-selective coho will count against the quota of 20,230, so that as long as that quota is not taken, fishers can continue to take as many marked coho as they can get subject to daily limits through 9/30. I also assume that if the quota of 20,230 non-selective coho is taken before 9/30, ODFW will send another notice as to when the season will close and that will mean it will be closed to the taking of either variety. It is the number of non-selective coho taken that determines how long the season lasts. The taking of marked coho will be allowed until 9/30, and not thereafter, as long as the non-selective quota is not taken .
That's how I understand it...

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Still two a day?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Jack,

Non-selective simply means that there is no requirement for a coho to be a clipped hatchery coho. All landed coho whether hatchery or wild count against the non-selective coho quota.

This is kind of like the halibut all-depth days vs. the inside 40 fathom days. On the all-depth days, all the halibut count against the all-depth quota regardless of the depth where the fishing occurred. Not sure if the comparison helps, but there it is.

Eric

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Jack,

Non-selective simply means that there is no requirement for a coho to be a clipped hatchery coho. All landed coho whether hatchery or wild count against the non-selective coho quota.

This is kind of like the halibut all-depth days vs. the inside 40 fathom days. On the all-depth days, all the halibut count against the all-depth quota regardless of the depth where the fishing occurred. Not sure if the comparison helps, but there it is.

Eric
Thanks Eric. I figured that out after posting, but neglected to revise it because the "damage" had already been done. It's good that you monitor mistakes like mine and set the world straight.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Jack,

Eric
ahhh thanks for clarifying!!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Eric. I figured that out after posting, but neglected to revise it because the "damage" had already been done. It's good that you monitor mistakes like mine and set the world straight.

I agree with the thanks to Eric, he has corrected two of mine in the last few days. Maybe if I was just a bit more careful. :unsure:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts