IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Nothing to report, but will be anxious to hear the reports as well. The wife and I are going over for the 4th of July weekend. Never fished there before.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WE TRY TO GO TO ODELL AT LEAST EVERY OTHER WEEK.
IT IS ALONG DRIVE FROM NEWPORT, SO WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A LITTLE KNOWLEDGE OF THE LATEST BITE.
SO FAR THIS YEAR EVERY TRIP HAS PROVEN TO BE FRUITFUL.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
baytroller:

THANKS FOR THE REPORT.
MAYBE THE WIND WON'T BE BLOWING FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS, BUT I DOUBT THAT.
WHEN IT GETS TO BLOWING REAL HARD, WE LIKE TO START AT THE WEST END AND PUT OUT THE DRIFT SOCK AND JUST WIND TROLL, THAT WORKS PRETTY GOOD.

SCOOTA

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hopefully its picked up...I was down 2-weeks ago and very slow, but the fish that I did catch were nice size. 12"-18" and fat...caught 11 total is all. Mostly around Princess Creek trolling real deep. The jiggers were having the same luck, deep.

Good luck

·
Registered
31 Posts
MOST FISH ARE HANGING AT 50-80 FEET. PRINCESS CREEK TO TO TRAPPER BAY. DON'T KNOW IF YOU SAW IT OR NOT, BUT THERE IS A BULL TROUT ENHANCEMNT PROJECT GOING ON AT TRAPPER CREEK CAMP GROUND. THEY HAVE ABOUT 4-5 CAMP SPOTS CLOSED RIGHT NOW. WENT BY PRINCESS SATURDAY AND SUNDAY BOTH. NOT FULL OF CAMPERS. IT WAS WINDY SATURDAY. NICER SUNDAY UNTIL ABOUT NOON, THEN WHITE CAPPING. FISH ARE THERE.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Scotta, fished there Saturday and the wind became a real problem as the day progressed. Left with 10 fish from 12 to 16 ". Nice fat kokes. We caught a couple right on top by casting a black mepps spinner. Most were deep. I think I will mount the downriggers and give them a shot. I have been putting that off as I don't want to drill holes in the boat. Maybe it is time.

Let us know how you do and I do hope the wind stops for you.

*Fish only bite wet hooks*

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Thanks for the reports. What colors are the jiggers using? We briefly used orange and pink last time there with no hookups. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
One time last year I had trouble finding fish that would bite. I finally found them at 70 feet at the far East end of the lake. A green Apex was working then. If he wants to try something different he can go to the Odell Sportsman store and get some pink Hoochies from R&K. Fish these behind a dodger.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Hey thanks guys! I'm gonna call him on his cell to let him know this so hopefully his fishing spirit will come alive!!

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Heading over for my first ever trip to Odell next week. I know the kokes are deep. When trolling, do downriggers work best, or can you get by using a lead dropper. How much lead? 4oz?

Appreciate any info.

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
My preferance is to use downriggers. I don't like to reel in 4 oz of lead. Besides I know how deep I am fish even if shallow.

They may not be deep early and late. Two weeks ago my friend found them shallow by trapper creek right before dark and long lined wedding rings. During the day he got them with a downrigger at 40 feet.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Call Him and tell Him to trailer the boat and head for Crescent. Was there Fri Sat Sun and hooked over 120 kokes in 150' of water at SW end of lake. Fenders, 50z lead pink wedding rings with white corn at 120 pulls. Sister had never fished for them before and got hHer fri limit in about 20 minutes. Most are 14 plus

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I don't know about Odell but I went to crescent last weekend and the fishing was really good. I did best with a ford fender and wedding ring combo with 1oz of egg sinkers in front of my chain swivel. We fished the west shore from one end to the other. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Just got a live report and the fishing at Odell is DEAD. He tried alot of the suggestions and could not touch a fish.....Dont' go to ODELL, stay home were his words :hoboy: :hoboy:

Thanks again guys! Hope someone can find some fins up there!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts