IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK- I just spent 3 nights and 4 days at Odell/Shelter Cove cabin G, for the second year in a row--and that lake has never let me down. 24 Kokes--all 12-14", and FAT. Everyone there is saying it's one of the best years ever.
We were on the water at 5am, and had 22 in the boat by 9am Saturday morning. We caught 2 more trolling later in the day.
The weather was warm, and the schools broke up Sunday--trolling was a must. But Saturday was a giggin'--Orange Nordic #25s.
I even had the pleasure of catching one without a pole. My line got caught around my prop when the wind turned the boat; so I wrapped the line around my wrist and started pulling it up to save the gig and *BAM*! FISH ON! My dad grabbed the net and saved the day. :grin:
We booked cabin G for next year before we left--Shelter Cove raised the rates $20/night; but still well worth it.
If any of you have the chance to get down there--do it. Waiting on digital photos to be emailed from my sister--then I'll post them. Regards. :cool:

·
Registered
6,569 Posts
Thanks for the report, I knew it was just about to take off ... guess I'll get on back up there.

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Has anybody gone after macks (lake trout) yet?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I fish another lake near there for mackinaw. In two days of relax fishing we landed 60 macks, most of them were 22inches though, but still put up a great battle! we caught a few keepers... send me a private email for more detail..

Chris

[ 06-05-2003, 12:48 AM: Message edited by: I'mThe10Percent ]

·
Registered
216 Posts
Thanks for the report on Odell. Now if I can talk my fishing buddy into going I will be there this weekend. :dance: :dance:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts