IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Can anyone give me any info on lake Odell.
I haven't been there since I was a kid
We are Thinking about camping and fishing at Odell this weekend. Whats a good campground with a boat ramp?

Whats the best tackle for trolling there?

Any info would be a great help.

Thanks

G

·
Oh yea! Green Giant Shoepeg White Corn!

Watch for jumpers or use your sounder to locate the schools and put your downriger ball in the school.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I like to camp at Princess Creek, if you have a bigger boat use the west side of the launch, right side has a drop off. If it has a shallow draft you can get to shore right by your camp if you get a lake side spot. The best launch is at Sunset Cove, it also has some moorage on a first come basis. As for fishing this time of year I'm at a lose because I can never get away at this time of year.

Good fishing

·
Registered
6,569 Posts
Princess Creek.

Ford Fender 1/2 chrome, 1/2 brass - - worm & white corn w/anise.

·
Registered
12,182 Posts
There is also a launch at the east end at Odell lake resort, and a campground next to odell creek next to the lodge. I'd fish with downriggers at about 60-65 feet. fish flashers with small flo. red apex. flo. pink spin glo, or wedding ring spinner. Tipped with white corn soaked in anise.
Use light rods, a snubber, and a long handled net if you have one. Fight the fish nice and easy.
I'd fish off princess creek, across the middle and just look for schools on the finder or wherever other boats are. Fish should be starting to turn a bit, but still very tasty.
Good luck!
GBS

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
I fished Odell yesterday morning with Sturgeon Tom and it was slow. We found fish straight across the lake from Princess creek. There were large schools at 70 to 90 feet, but we caught most of our 7 fish at 35. There was a 15 minute bite for us where we landed 5 fish on a pink Apex. The fish were still in pretty good shape and one was 16 inches!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts