IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
This is not good... :depressed: Just when you think the fish are getting a little respect, BAM!!! :mad:
Oh well... :rolleyes: At least the fishing should be good for a year or two before it goes bust again.

Fish on and let them wild ones go...
Romeo

·
Registered
160 Posts
Some very good points thrown around. I have to agree that I dont think anyone can REALLY trust the state to do a good job of managing anything. Especially when it comes to these precious wild fish. Before they were listed, they did nothing. They bent over backwards and allowed bad property management and anything else that was thrown at them slide for a buck or two. The state cared about not getting yeld at by them few groups out there like the ARA and other developemnt, forest and ag groups. They only cared about financial contributions and so do the feds... However, they (the feds) have way more weight behind them when it comes to dealing with these types of issues.
I dont want to see these fish delisted because its not time. Its to early to jump to conclusions and if they are delisted, its going to send up a green light to all of those property owners, developers and foresters that they can once again destroy and reap the profits...
The fish need to come first and once again we see thats not happening.
I am all for delisting but it needs to be at a time when these fish have shown repeated good returns for more than two or three years...
We need to keep harvest low and habitat restoration up so that these fish can survive and thrive...

Fish on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.