IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I go out and catch two coho in the ocean and then add a third chinook at Buoy 10 or in? I'd get my ocean limit and then fill a 3 fish limit per Buoy 10 regs. I know there is just one chinook regardless of which limit I'm filling.

I've searched the regs and can't find this addressed. I know I can do it on lakes, but the stakes and enforcement are a little tighter for salmon. Curious if anyone has heard people doing this.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Fi****is, I fished the ocean last Saturday and we took three limits of coho ( 2 each ) and then stopped and fished buoy 10 for our third keeper. When we came in, we watched for flying nets and then caught out three in short order and headed to the docks. We were checked by the fish checker and by the state cops. We tagged two in the ocean and one for Astoria to buoy 10 #211 for Oregon.

There is a problem if you fish inside first and then catch a chinook at 24" and go out into the ocean where the legal limit is 26" for chinook. The cops told us they consider it an ocean fish if in the ocean with it in posession. You may win in the long run but the time and expense to fight it would greater than the value. Ask some of the trooper before you go out and they will clear it up for you. Then, write down the name of the officer just in case.

I plan on doing the same thing Saturday.

*Fish only bite wet hooks*

1 - 2 of 2 Posts