IFish.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out in the big blue with my buddies on sun. and didn't have a problem whats so ever finding fish. We got all silvers except for a jack and a 26 1/4" chinook we let go. We got 3 silvers between 14-16 and the rest were around 10.

We fished 2 outside rods on downriggers, anywhere from 30-90 ft. and we still only managed silvers. We fished the middle rod with a delta diver(4oz.) and it accounted for 2 of the 3 big silvers at 23 pulls. Only got a few silvers(less than 5). So not too bad. The best action was in about 215-240ft.

We went back in at around 1 o'clock and headed back to Hammond to go dumpster divin' for some crab bait which was a success. We thru 3 rings and pulled them four times and got 10 keepers.

My buddies were going to stay at Kampers west on sun. night so we cleaned the fish and boiled the crab there. They have a very nice place and all the people were very friendly. We talked to a couple groups of guys at the cleaning station and most fished up by the bridge and on the wash. side and they only picked up a few silvers but they got a bunch of nooks'. One group had 4 another had 3 and the other group had 4-5. A guide was also cleaning 4 nooks and a silver.

They all said they got most on the outgoing using delta divers, herring, and anywere from 16-30 pulls. The biggest was probably in the high 30's pushing 40.

Sorry this is a day late but I got home late last night cuz of traffic and 3am came early this morning.

Hope this helps a little.

Later Geoff

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Thanks for the report WW. Glad you had a good day fishing.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Fished the ocean on Saturday. Focused on silvers. They were on top, only needed 10-14 pulls. Big fatties for the most part. One silver went somewhere around 18 pnds I would guess. Overall the Coho looked to be as good as they were last year.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No problem guys. Hope it helps a little not that you need it outside in the big blue, all you need is herring from corkies.

Later Geoff

[ 08-19-2003, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: weekend warrior ]

·
Registered
654 Posts
We fished the ocean on Sat. & Sunday. I fished a green hoochie and a #00 dodger on a Delta about 10 pulls and out fished the bait all day long. We got 16 on Sat.and 12 on Sunday limits both days. Total count for the year (6 trips) is 80 fish. Largest King was #25 on the 11th. of August. Fish are bigger on the North side but some days its tough to get up there. Sunday we put in at #2 and had 8 fish by the time we got to CR. Fish your way out to CR rather than run. The fish are moving closer to the mouth every day!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fishfaced,
On our middle rod, the one with the delta, we also used a dodger, green glow hootchie w/herring inside.
We went to a spot the captain was at previously, but we did hit quite a few when we were trolling NNE.
I also forgot to mention that there was some people that went out for some silvers and happen to have their tuna gear on board. They hit tuna at 27 miles out and I think they said they got 10-12. It was weird we were about 4 miles or so out and we look over and theres a puffin swimming next to us. Then a little while later we look over and there was another one. I haven't been out in the ocean that many times ,but that is the first time I've seen them other than at the coast aquarium.

·
Registered
654 Posts
WW,
I also saw a puffin on Sunday. They are cool looking birds. You;; see lots of them up near LaPush.
Keep on Fishin!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts