IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend Brian has been fishing the OC area and doing quite well. He got out by himself this afternoon and said he hit the first one within 5 minutes.

About an hour later, he calls and says he's going to the ramp 'cause he's tagged out! :shocked:

WTG Brian, don't call me at work anymore :tongue: Then he has the nerve to e-mail me these and ask that I post for him. He's an I-Fisher, but I don't remember his moniker. He'll post in.

He had a hard time finding a place to fish 'cause of all the lazy people anchored up. Maybe folks should learn to run their "little motors" instead of anchoring up in the middle of the good drifts!! :mad: Think about it, how many OC guides do you see anchored up? 1 guy can stop a dozen from fishing when they anchor in prime back bounce water.

I'll let him give specifics if he wants. Good job 'cause all the other reports I heard were SLOWWW. I think he was using the prawns I gave him Wednesday night. :shrug:

GRB

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Echo on the anchor boats. God I wish they would run barge traffic again. Nothing like 15 inboards anchored on the sand bar. People please learn to use your kickers and backtroll trust me you will catch more fish. It seems like in the last 10 years the numbers of anchor boats have exploded. I don't have a problem with people in the lake line, garbage hole, bulkhead, meldrum, or mouth of clack. Just give those who have the ability to backtroll the opprotunity to do so. My 2 cents and I've been thinking about this alot lately...

·
Registered
255 Posts
Well thanks GRB for posting this picture for me
I can't remember the last time were I had a day like that. The only bad thing about it if their is to be one. I had been begging my wife all week to come out with me and the day she agrees to I tagged out before she was able to join me. Over all it was a very good week for me I took 5 of springs out of the river. I was out their today and it was really slow we went 1 for 5. After I dropped my father off at the ramp I decided to give the garbage hole a shot before I headed in for the day and I hooked into about a 9' sturgeon and yes I was able to get k-fish back. That monster straightened the belly hooks but the Owner hook that was on the back held it's own.

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Fisherman you have been doing quite well. Those are a couple nice ones and a 9' sturgeon out of the garbage has to be the topper.
Keep it up.
st

1 - 6 of 6 Posts