IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whoever posted the tips to use jet divers was right on. We ran jet divers and green grubs today and killed them. My 5 year old boy had a blast when several striped line. Only bad part was the crowds and a person in the boat who didn't understand the fishing gods don't look highly upon a person who doesn't let a kid reel in at least a few of their fish (Especially when they had the hot rod).

The bite had picked up again at 4 so there is still time tonight.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Might have been me? :shrug:

I really like using those bad boys down there! Glad you hammered them :cheers:

CRayfin

·
Registered
873 Posts
That's probably the most "fun fish" in the river. Glad to hear you let your 5 year old do his own thing. That's what it is all about.

Way to go Dad.

·
Registered
12,182 Posts
what the heck is this "green grub" everyone talks about. Can I assume a very small mister twister curly tail?? chartruese green. On a small jig head??

·
Registered
105 Posts
There are a few chartruese "grubs" that work well. Go to Fishermans and find the smallest crappie like jighead they have. They also have the bodies for it too. Pick out the chartruese ones and your good to go. Joes also has something that will work, but it is not quite the same. I think it is in the panfish jigs section. Little 1/16th and 1/32nd oz heads with chartruese bodies.

These worked good, but just for the record, the chartruese tipped copper (or is it bronze?) dick nites kicked more shad butt than the grubbies for us last week. Going again Thursday.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Those green grubs were the trick for us but their was a boy in the boat next to us that had the hot rod. That boy must have reeled in 20 fish in a couple of hours. It was fun to watch someone that young having so much fun. Oh ya he was using green grubs also.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Was out there Sunday also. Copper and red or green with white back dick nites worked just as well. Leader and dropper length were the secret. Hooked up more shad with the dropper set up than we did with the divers. Still like fishing the columbia better!

·
Registered
12,182 Posts
I'll be there after work today. 16' beige starcraft with a brown stripe. Ifish sticker on the side windshield. I'll be taking out onecast, and drifboater. Stop by and say hello.
GBS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts