IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Slept in got on the river about 11 fished a prawn for about 2 hrs then switched to shad. Shad fishing is not that great yet but I did manage a nice 18lb nook on 6lb test and a little shad rod. It was the funnest fight I have had all year, I guess I should have started useing a red/gold dick night in March. Now the Memorial weekend camping trip menu has changed to include a dinner of fresh salmon.

update the salmon as of now

[ 05-10-2003, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: fish_on ]

·
Registered
153 Posts
Nice fish, great job!! It's kind of nice catching springers when you aren't even trying. :cheers:

lucky strike

·
Registered
22,376 Posts
Good job fishon! you scored when most folks did not. Very slow day on the river in total. That is except for team Catch and Eat, Pop's and Ramstrong. Story at 11:eek:o :cheers:

That had to be a blast on a shad rod though. How long did it take to get in? would have loved to seen that fight. :bowdown: Bet it was a real show. Congrats. :cool:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Wish all of my shad fishing days would end up like that.

Nice fish. Must of been a blast.

Later Geoff

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
fish-on, nice fish on the cedar planks as best I can tell. Soemdays it just pays to sleep in and not get all worked up about these springers.

I rode with Catch and Eat from 5 AM to 10 Am and he dumped me at the boat dock when he spotted my bananas. I even offered him one.

:shrug: I wonder if Bernine has any pictures or witnesses to his fish? Just makes one wonder.

Well done all of you and it was a pleasure sleeping in your boat Bernie.

*Fish only bite wet hooks*

·
Registered
209 Posts
Now that looked good. nice job guys!! :cheers:

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by CATCH AND EAT:
How long did it take to get in? would have loved to seen that fight. :bowdown: Bet it was a real show. Congrats. :cool:
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Caught her across from the clack and got it in below meldrum bar, had to chase her upstream twice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts