IFish.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a friend in from Colorado this week and he said he wanted to go fishing - Who am I to Argue?

I called Gary from Double-G Fishing, my regular guide, and asked if he could fit me in - He went out of his way to fit us in today!

Met at the ramp Early and the day started slowly - Fished the Garbage and Bulkhead holes with nothing - We did see a few come in here in there but nothing spectacular - From both the back-trollers and ones at Anchor.

Headed up to the bridge and picked up a jack on eggs - I give that up for my newbie.

We headed back to the Bulkhead (We hear there was a bite), picked up nothing - Went back up to the Garbage hole and SLAM! My turn, a nice late-teens hen. At This point, I wished I had taken the first fish so my buddy could have taken the big girl, but what do you do?

Not ten minutes later my buddy's rod slams down - Missed, Darnet!

We felt great, my buddy caught his first salmon (Which is always nice), and things worked out pretty darn well.

Of course, now my buddy is hooked and looks like he will fly out again for Bouy 10!

Many thanks to Gary for fitting us in on such short notice and working extra hard to ensure a newbie's experience was a great one - He didn't let up once and kept moving and fiddling until we found fish!

Tom

·
Registered
568 Posts
China...

Gary is one of the good guys and fun to fish with.. I had the opportunity to fish with him in the Heritage. We had a great time as well.

Scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts