IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Retirement party for K. Brown
Loretta and I were invited to the retirement party for K. Brown of the Oregon department of fiction and wildlife.
There was a mob of people and a lot of old retirements from the department ,many of them I knew.
But!!!!!!!!!!!
The big surprise of the night, was when Lindsey Ball [the director of the department] asked if he could sit at our table. [I figured he was trying to raise his public image]
During the evening we visited and I watched this man in action.; we can be very proud and confident of the captain of our ship.
During the evening he was approached by at least 25 people asking questions and advice, I was amazed that he never faltered and gave them a complete concise answer to each and every question that was put to him.
He told me how appreciative he was of the efforts of the Tillamook people and the i fishers that supported the budget. I only wish jerry and Jenny would have been there, but out of the goodness of my heart I generously took credit for their efforts.
Now, I am not a person that very often says an official is doing a good job ;I am more of a critic. but in this case I must tell you I was impressed, and it was a good impression.
This is the first time in several years that the department has gotten the public trust it has so desperately needed, and I will say Lindsey has done this.
But---
Our jobs are not over, there are many things that will be coming up in the future that the department will need our support and I now think we have a man we can trust to make the right decisions regarding our fishery. And we should support him.

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
Right on Jim! :cheers: (7-up in those mugs)!

Now I just ask you to do me a favor and quit referring to it as the department of fiction.

ODFW will suffice. Even if you don't agree with some of the biologist that are employed there.

I don't believe I have met Lindsey Ball personally but it is good to hear your positive attitude regarding him. :smile: I have met many others like him in the department.

Dano

Day 16

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Yes Jim there are many things that are different from when you butted heads with the previous ODFW higher echelon. Both a spirit of cooperation and a willingness to discuss various fisheries issues are what I have noticed the most. (although some aspects regarding genetics seem to be taboo) Mr. Ball may posses many of the qualities that we need to move forward with the forthcoming fisheries issues, but I believe others at ODFW are worthy of acknowledgement including Ed Bowles, Charlie Corrarino, Mark Chilcote, and George Nander. Each of the others mentioned exhibit the professional openness that ODFW needs to perform their responsibilities and leadership under the Oregon Plan.

You should get involved again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts