IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now there's a great fishin\' buddy

It's 11:15a.m. at the Hospital Hole on the Trask and the tide is starting to come in. The bite has been off for awhile when WHAM!! a guy down on the end gets a bobber down. The fish goes crazy, running out, running back and then upstream. The angler is losing ground and has to follow the fish, picking his way over tree roots, slippery clay banks... and the fish fouls itself on an underwater snag a short disatnce out from the bank. The bobber won't move but the fish is still pumping on the line. 15 minutes of bankside maneuvering and lots of well intended advice from the the spectators who have all reeled in and the fish isn't budging. Finally his buddy jumps in his truck which has a trailered drift boat behind it and heads out for the 5th Street boat ramp. After a half an hour of patient waiting with a tethered chinook occasionally pumping on the line, the buddy in the drift boat appears on the horizon, coming around the bend.
He swings in to shore and picks up the angler with the underwater fouled bobber and after a few minutes of jockeying the boat the bobber springs free...with the fish making another run! Finally the fish is brought to the boat and the fishing buddy slips the net under her. His second of the day. That buddy can be my wingman any day.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Re: Now there's a great fishin\' buddy

Now that is some Team-Work!!

I had a Chinook do that to my friend last year, but we were unable to get it free...

Great story!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts