IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oregon Public Broadcasting radio has carried the story today that the chinook run in the Columbia is so thick that some fish have died in the fish ladders at Bonneville Dam from being stacked too tight. They reported that the single day record for chinook passage at Bonneville was reset each day from Thursday through Sunday, with the new record set at 45,884 chinook.

I only fished one day in the Columbia and I thought I did pretty good getting three chinook into the boat. Now I am humbled to realize I may have let more than 45,800 fish slip past. Shoulda used Marie's shrimp scent.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Wow I knew there were a lot of fish going over the dam but dam..... Tanner creek is also loaded with bright coho and a few nooks but the dead line was moved down a couple hundred feet below :smile: the creek. But that is probably a good thing.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Wow I knew there were a lot of fish going over the dam but dam..... Tanner creek is also loaded with bright coho and a few nooks but the dead line was moved down a couple hundred feet below the creek. But that is probably a good thing. :smile:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.