IFish.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went out of Newport Saturday with a heading towards the banana, we got out about what I estimated at 20 miles or so and dumped gear out, instantly were hooked up!, The next fish is where it got interesting, I worked the fish up under the boat on Swim Bait gear and just then A huge Sealion appeared 30 yards from the boat. No sooner than he saw us he darted for the boat and after the Tuna he went! In no time he had it and appeared with it in his mouth just out from the boat to show it off and then bit it in half right behind the gill plate leaving me the head to reel in! I was shocked and PO'd at the same time! We managed 16 fish for the day and was done at 10am, we did manage to Salmon on the way in, both on divers and cut plug at 25 pulls.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
We went out of Newport Saturday with a heading towards the banana, we got out about what I estimated at 20 miles or so and dumped gear out, instantly were hooked up!, The next fish is where it got interesting, I worked the fish up under the boat on Swim Bait gear and just then A huge Sealion appeared 30 yards from the boat. No sooner than he saw us he darted for the boat and after the Tuna he went! In no time he had it and appeared with it in his mouth just out from the boat to show it off and then bit it in half right behind the gill plate leaving me the head to reel in! I was shocked and PO'd at the same time! We managed 16 fish for the day and was done at 10am, we did manage to Salmon on the way in, both on divers and cut plug at 25 pulls.

now the seals are after tuna???? awwww c'mon what next?

·
Registered
452 Posts
What a surprise, Hey sealions are very smart, why chase a fish when u can follow a fishing boat and wait tell they hook a fish. Much less effort, thanks fisherman for the free meal. What would u do in the seallions place. They can think, they are smart, dont blame them for what they do, u would do the same. When i was a ****** and one was following the boat we would just pull our gear and move on because we knew the sealion would keep eatting our fish tell he was full. They useally just take a bite out of the belly, best part of fish for a lion. So I guess what I am saying everything has a purpose in this world, and when u take away a part of that anything can happen good or bad. Well mother nature fixes most things, only time will tell if us humans will survive or the animals and insects will rule again, or maybe the machines will rule for a while.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts