IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Nope...I wasn't doing the float, but they had a learn the river trip from Mehama to Stayton today. Stopped by the Mehama bridge after I was done fishing. Looks like there was a large turn out by all the boats lined up waiting to put in.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Did the Mehama to Stayton "Learn the River" trip. Like the past two trips, floated with a bunch of really nice folks. This was my first time down this stretch. Was apprehensive about the diversion dam but it worked out really well since there were several guys helping us get through. Puts some good scatches on the boat from the concrete lined embankment at the top. I'll be more careful next time. There were a few fish caught down below the dam - mostly native springers. I saw another fish on above the dam. Maybe a steelie. We tried but no fish for us. The water tewmp. was around 45 degrees. Maybe had something to do with it - certainly not our fishing skills or lack thereof. Can't wait for next months' trip. What a gorgeous river.

Two guys I talked with at the Stayton boat ramp said they landed two steelies off the South Santiam.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts