IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any reports for up at the hatchery? I haven't heard any good news for a long time. Are the Springers in in good numbers? What about the Summer Steelhead? Can someone throw me a bone, please?

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Sit....shake hands....lay down....roll over...
Arf!! :wink:

Nope not a single fish in the river. j/k

The bite is still on for Chinook. It may be waning a bit though. Morning seems to be better than the afternoon or evening. Keep your eggs or shimp low in the deeper water. If you have a boat, back bouncing seems to work well.

There might be signs of summer Steelhead in NFL. I only say this because I've lost two in the last two days. Good fighters. Chrome. I lost them both 10 or 15 feet from the bank as they decided to do some last second gymnastics for me. My fault. I sould have waited. I did get a nice size Jack for dinner. So I am 1 for 3 since going back to drifting. I just can't take plunkin' or bobbin' anymore. Going back to what I know best.

:smile:

[ 05-06-2003, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: Fast Water ]

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Nice Report FastWater!

I was up there both days last weekend and the morning bite of Chinook is there. Once the bite shuts down, you might as well leave. Get there early and drift your bobber n eggs deep in the holes. Quite a few fish are being picked up during the bite.

I have also been doing the drift fishing thing once I get tired of throwing eggs. Missed a nice steelhead (chromer) on Saturday.

Good luck up there.

Steve :cheers:

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Fished last friday and bonked a chrome 14lb Steelie and a 22 inch CJ. Went out Sat and bonked a 21lb Nook bobberin eggs. Met at 6am wed the 7th and hooked 2 Metalheads in 10 mins on glo corkies and a red jensen egg. Lost both in the rocks. Bite is slow to non existant for most and is limited to 7am to 8am with a nice bite at 12 to 1 in the hatchery hole on eggs. Evening bite has been hit or miss with more miss than anything.
Home cured and AMERMANS have been the ticket for most, with plug cut doing well in the flats. Time to dust off your drift rods and gear and get ready for some tail walkin action and summer Steelies! :grin: :grin:

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Fished half a day yesterday. They raised the flow up to 5500 a couple of days ago and the bite died. It was very slow. We didn't start till about 10 Am, but reports were of an almost non existant early bite. Meat hole put out like 4-6 fish or so........ slow. Now that being said, I did manage to punch out. Would rather be lucky than good............

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Hey Fishbait,

Was that you on Snaggers rock hooking up twice in about a half hour (or less)? Those were nice fish!!

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Was done on NFL on Thurs AM and there was NO, I mean NO action! Not on the rocks or plunkers. Dont know how the meat hole did?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts