IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anyone can tell me if the water on the NF Lewis is too low to run in my small sled? If runnable, which put-in would be the best to use this time of the year. My main interest is in Summer Steelhead.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. (It has been many years since I had my previous larger jetboat on the River and I just can't remember too much about my past experiences)

Thanks in advance,

Rusty

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
The water level in the North Fork is presently about 2,000 CFS. It runs fine. You have several choices of put-ins. The best for low water, if you have a 4X4, would be the golf course. Be aware that fishing is not great as yet, as the water is murky and very mossy.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steelie Steve,

Thanks for the great info. I plan on taking my "new" old sled on the River one day this week. I guess I will go from the Golf Course to Hoppa Landing.

Thanks again,

Rusty

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Rusty,
I was over there yesterday for a couple of hours. Nothing to show for it, but a nice day to be out at the river. :dance: Saw one fish at the ramp at Haapa. River level seems to be fine for sleds. There were plenty on the water.

I would say put in at either the golf course ramp (w/ 4x4) or the Haapa ramp (nice concrete ramp). Either would work fine until the level drops down to the 1000 to 1500 level.

Good luck. Steve :cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts