IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's with the River Level Reports on the NF Lewis??

I just got back from Alaska and can't find a report on the North Fork Lewis below Merwin Dam that is up-to-date. (Flood warning is all I get!!)

I know the must be a Web Site that is working, but since I have been out of the lower 48 for about a week, I haven't been able to view Ifish for an upate or solution to this problem. Can anyone help me locate the accurate levels for the NF Lewis?

Much appreciated.

Rusty

[ 07-12-2003, 08:33 AM: Message edited by: Rusty ]

·
Ray S.
900 Posts
Rusty,
The telephone # for Pacific Power is 1 800 547 1501. They give 24/7 report.
GOOD LUCK
Ray

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I don't know the actual water level right now. However, last night I ran it from the mouth to the island boat ramp without much problem. A little skinny in some spots, but not bad for a sled in the lower section.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Rusty,
I spent most of the day up there today. The river level is running at about 1100 to 1200 cfs right now. It is getting really tight in a few places. Water is gin clear. The fish are there to be had though. I ended up with 2 12" trout and 1 lost steelie today. :shrug:

Good luck if you go. Watch out for the skinny spots.

Steve :cheers:

[ 07-12-2003, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: Steelie Steve ]

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks again for the report. I won't get a chance to fish until Thursday or Friday as my oral surgeon says I need a break from fishing and he wants to yank an upper wisdom tooth!!

Hope it doesn't affect my hook set!!

Rusty

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Hogtide!

I appreciate your response and the report on the lower NFL. How was fishing?

Rusty

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey North Fork fans....Would like to run the river up to the golf course. Have run the jet boat up from the mouth past the I-5 bridge, up to the Texaco, just before the hard right which looks skinny. Have caught Steelies (2) but the water is lowering and I don't want to hammer the boat too much. Any suggestions or volunteers who know the path?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts