IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Things slowed down for us Sat compaired to Thursday fishing the Trask. We lost 1 at 8am, I hooked a pig of a fish that tried to spool me and after running me all over the hole and down stream came off as I was trying to turn it. :hoboy: Thats fishing. Saw a couple ******* released and the last fish I hooked was about 12lbs and on its way to boothood...Slow was the word I got from everyone else, didn't stop by the guide shop to see how the Wilson did. Water was high, but still in great shape/color. 1 last try this week for me...Bobber eggs/shirmp bait.
:cheers:

· Registered
4,557 Posts
where you in tidewater or in the river? I am thinking about the tidewater but like you I have only heard slow reports compared to the nestucca and the wilson?

thanks for the report :cheers:

· Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the river....A few guys who fished in the tidewater at 1st light came up around 11am and said they only saw 2 caught. I think...rather realy think with the high water these fish are moving through quickly and I am going to fish higher next week (maybe hatchery area??) The Wilson would/could be a good spot to go fish up higher also. Alot of people think that the higher you go, the less of a chance you have of getting a chromer...Wrong!!!! We caught a sea-lice fresh hen higher than you would think on Thursday showing/telling me that this fish are moving realy fast and they are not staying in an area very long. Not many jumpers all week tells me this also. Just a theory...
:shrug: I'm no expert but this is what I believe is happening. Later in the week with sunshine and water dropping then I would try again lower in the deep pools for some fresh fish. I only get one more chance this week b/f vaction for a week...(bummer) Hopefully there will be a few left when I come home and then bring on them winter steelies!!!! :dance: Yahoooooo!!!
Tight lines and set that hook hard and deep!!! :wave:

· Registered
549 Posts
Higher up on the Wilson, the chinook tend to be a little on the dark side but there are chromers every once in awhile. Bright steelhead are catchable high up throughout the winter, even into march. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.