IFish.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About every other year I get a membership card and a zipper trinket form these guys they claim to send you free tackle to "field Test" I was many years ago a member and never recieved a thing. I have never met any one who has tried there "field test" stuff. Please respond with any storys, comments, experence that you have had with this mysterious club. I well print them and send them to they for further amplication of why I should join...DJ

Note I dont want to join I just want to give them some positve feed back on there BS>

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
DJ, I've been a member for years. For me It's a decent mag for a fishing addict, along with all the other decent mags I subscribe to.

I have "field tested" three things in the past, they were piddley compared to some of the things they show people testing though.

What kind of irks me is that alot of the fishing mags out there are centered well to the east of us, but I think that is because the eastern states realize, and capitalize on, that the fishing industry means big $$$$ for the local economys. Maybe some day our leaders will pull their heads out of their butts and get our fisheries in order(all fishing, not just salmon and steelhead) so we can have more mags that center where we live.

When I look at subscribing to a mag the price compared to the reading plays a big part and NAFCs price is worth it for me. I recently quit In Fisherman because they quit sending me those "trinkets" when the Linder brothers left. I quit STS quite a few years ago because they turned into a mag for the rich a famous guide using group that go to the rich and famous places.

I guess it all depends on how addicted you are and what will fit on the rack in your "reading room".

Smj

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Hi,a few years (10) ago I became a liftime member
since then I've tested three pieces of junk !!
nothing in comparison to what you read about being tested in the magazine.I'm also not really interested in bass fishing and or whats going on back east.Am I disapointed yes would I join it again NO !!!
Bob :depressed:

·
Registered
635 Posts
I joined about ten years ago and never saw didly af far as test products. The mag was just "OK" and my reading time was limited so I let my membership expire.

Just out of curiosity, what angling rags do fishermen read up here in OR other than this board, which is all I've had time to read lately?

Greg

·
Registered
182 Posts
SOme time ago, they sent me one little package of snelled worm hooks, size 4, to test.... Now thats what I call a great club benefit! :hoboy: Russ

·
Registered
91 Posts
I guess I have had a little better luck. I just joined this year and got the pack of hooks. 2 flotes and when they sent a book to look at and buy I thought it was worth the 8 bucks and payed for it.
With the book they sent some Burkley Trilene Sensation 12lb 330 yrds.. They say I have a fillet knife to test on its way with the next book. Guess I will find out.
So far I got my $24 bucks worth for the 2 yr subscription.

Mike

[ 07-25-2003, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: prospect1999 ]

·
Registered
630 Posts
I tried these mag.'s a couple of times...waste of time and money in my book,but depends on what your looking for.they always had bad or late info.
kinda like h&f news.I was member for several years,never got to test anything.
good luck

·
Registered
325 Posts
I got the same package Prospect1999 got. I got tired of the boring magazines and was going to cancle. Then a few days ago I get a letter saying I have been selected to do a field test. So Im all pumped to get some of the cool filed test packages they show in the magazine. WRONG, i flip the letter over, and its to test a 1.99$ bug spray. So yeah I have gotten a few freebies but, I did better at the sportsman show with free line and hooks than with this magazine. I will let my subscription pass.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I thought I was supposed to field test the "zipper trinket". I recycled the paper stuff. After reading everyone's comments, looks like I did the right thing. Still testing the zipper thing. :laugh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts